Mouse does not work using VMware ESXi 5.5 U2
2 2

Question

Hi,

Sorry but I search any where and I did not found any info to solve this problem.

I have an HP xw4600 with VMware ESXi 5.5 U2 and the following hardware:

- CPU ( Intel Coreâ„¢2 Duo E6850 3.0 Ghz )
- Graphic Card ( NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500 )
- MotherBoard Chipset ( Intel® X38 Express )
- Memory ( 8GB DDR-2 800 MHz ECC unbuffered )
- HDD ( Samsung SATA 80GB )
- Ethernet ( Broadcom 5755 Netxtreme Gigabit )
- Audio Card (Chipset Realtek alc296 )

I create a new Virtual Machine with these specs: 

CPU: 1 Socks 
Core: 2
Mem: 4GB
HDD: 20GB 
Type: Apple OS X 10.7 (this is the major version option I can choose)

Then, I've installed "Niresh Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.0 DvD ISO Image - With AMD & Intel" without any problems, the OS starts and it works fine. The only problem is that the mouse was unusable due to its instability on the screen.

Next, I found a trick that solve the problem by changing/setting the VM type to 'Windows 7 x64' 
It's here:

but it does not solve definitively the problem. The workaround makes the cursor pointer usable but even makes two pointers instead of one: an arrow and a square box that is a bit distant from the arrow and follow it in the movements. This is really dirty and make more confusion for eyes. Look the attached jpg image.

1411590711__immagine.jpg

So, I install the VMtools for Darvin and the mouse pointer seems to be working fine until the login page, then after login and desktop loading, bham! The mouse pointer click position is not more under the arrow's tip but is distant one inch on left side. I think that VMtools solves the problem by hiding the square box pointer.

At now, the only way to make the OS usable is to remove VMtools and remain with two cursor on the screen!

Does someone experienced the same problem and found a solution?

3 answers to this question