Installation Failure with AMDFX 8150

I've been trying to install 10,9 for almost a week now, I was able to start the installation once after a couple tries, but it hung up and I haven't been able to get it to start since. Here's my configuration:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 ver. 1.1

Processor: AMD FX 8150

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 7950

I have my BIOS set according to the instructions in the installation guide with one exception. I don't have the ability to set the HPET value to 64 bits. I can only enable or disable it, and it's currently enabled. I found a thread with suggested BIOS settings, but the link is broken.

I initially tried to install using the ISO with the flags amdfx and -v. I ended up getting "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist. 2 No such file or directory." This is the error I got most of the time. After some research, I tried re-burning the ISO and later installing with the USB method, but I got the same results. I found that people who had a configuration similar to mine were able to install using the flags "PCIRootUID=1," "PCIRootUID=0," "GraphicsEnbler=No," and "-x." I found that any combination of these flags resulted in the BootCache error and occasionally a missing bluetooth transport error.

Any help will be greatly appriciated

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet