Updating to 10.9.4/10.9.5 AMD Issue
2 2

Question

I've managed to install Niresh Mavericks 10.9.0 on my AMD system, which seems to work ok, its not quite 100% with little quirks. Safari seems to flicker when I use it, does seem a little slow. I switched from the AMD64 to AMD Kernel which seem to solve my time issue. But I can't seem to get it to Recognize the video card as I once did before and I cannot seem to update Maverick to any later versions. I backup my kext and kernel as recommended, Repaired disk permissions, all I get is where it appears to have started , but all I see is text because I use -v to see if there are any kernel panics.

I've even tried using the MacPwn to do a vanilla build, I get stuck at the BluetoothHCIController. I've tried a few different AMD Kernels with no success.

Any ideas and suggestions are a appreciated.

Processor : AMD Phenom II 965

Motherboard : Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H

Video Card : Evga Geforce 750 GTX 2 gb

RAM 8 Gigs

1 person likes this

3 answers to this question

i got the same issue...i was able to replace all the ATI nvidia intel graphics kext from 10.9.4 and i got up the black screen and arrow and the machine frizz that i can not move and my usb keyboard dont work when i press the cap lock on it does not lite up...  so i think it's some thing to do with USB kext..

if any one has any idea..please let us know..

thanks in advance

edit

i got it to work

replace this kext

IOHIDFamily.kext

I've managed to install Niresh Mavericks 10.9.0 on my AMD system, which seems to work ok, its not quite 100% with little quirks. Safari seems to flicker when I use it, does seem a little slow. I switched from the AMD64 to AMD Kernel which seem to solve my time issue. But I can't seem to get it to Recognize the video card as I once did before and I cannot seem to update Maverick to any later versions. I backup my kext and kernel as recommended, Repaired disk permissions, all I get is where it appears to have started , but all I see is text because I use -v to see if there are any kernel panics.

I've even tried using the MacPwn to do a vanilla build, I get stuck at the BluetoothHCIController. I've tried a few different AMD Kernels with no success.

Any ideas and suggestions are a appreciated.

Processor : AMD Phenom II 965

Motherboard : Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H

Video Card : Evga Geforce 750 GTX 2 gb

RAM 8 Gigs

give that a shoot i have attach kext that you need for it to boot