Gpu Driver/boot Problems

Question

Hello i've installed Niresh's OSX 10.8.5 on my AMD PC, i used the included FX kernel... Everything went fine, customized and installed and now when i go to boot into OSX i get stuck at a black "stopping job" screen and it just seems to loop. I'm also certain it's a GPU error that does this, because when i delete the nvdagf100 (however they're spelt) kexts it allows me to boot but obviously then it doesn't auto detect my GTX 650 Ti BOOST.

On the other hand if i do not delete these kexts and i -x boot, everything goes fine and it auto detects my graphics card as a GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST which it is but it seems like hardware acceleration is off because in safari etc. all the pictures flicker and some pictures cause lag.

I've tried installing nVidia's web drivers and booting with that but i've still had no success, also tried tampering with EFI strings and editing the kexts.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

If it helps here are my specs:

Mobo: Asus M5A97 R2.0

CPU: AMD FX-4170 Quad Core 4.20Ghz

GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2Gb

RAM: 2x 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1333

2 answers to this question

I have a very similar problem on my NVidia 8400GS graphics card: flickers with Safari, no Youtube on Firefox, and even Chrome has some troubles. Moreover, even my dock has some flickers when I get over icons with mouse.

I hope somebody will help us

same here

AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4GHz

GeForce GTX 570

5GB RAM

Motherboard ASUS M4N78PRO

Dual Boot with Windows 8.1