OSX won´t boot ASUS N550JK-DS71T
2 2

Question

Hi,

I´m having some problems with niresh.

For the installation I needed xpcm-free to start (if I don´t use the command it restarts).

I installed it sucefully in a different partition in the same HD of my windows installation.

When i tried to boot it appears boot:0.

I booted then from the USB stick and selected the Hard drive in niresh and used some commands(-v, -x, USB bus fix, graphic enabler =no, xpcmfree). PS: I know the commands are not written correctly here.

It freezes with the following screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7eve17onif3fzh/2014-09-30%2010.49.02.jpg?dl=0.

My laptop is an asus n550jk ds71t.

I replaced the HDD for a SSD 1tb samsung 840 evo.

Processor & Chipset Processor Manufacturer Intel Processor Type Core i7 Processor Model i7-4700HQ Processor Speed 2.40 GHz Processor Core Quad-core (4 Core) Cache 6 MB vPro Technology No Chipset Manufacturer Intel Chipset Model HM86 Express Display & Graphics Screen Size 15.60 " Touchscreen Yes Display Screen Type Active Matrix TFT Color LCD Aspect Ratio 16:9 Screen Mode Full HD Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 Backlight Technology LED Switchable Graphics Yes Graphics Controller Manufacturer NVIDIA, Intel Graphics Controller Model GeForce GTX 850M, HD 4600 Graphics Memory Capacity Up to 2 GB Graphics Memory Technology DDR3 SDRAM Graphics Memory Accessibility Dedicated, Shared

5 answers to this question

Hi,

I´m having some problems with niresh.

For the installation I needed xpcm-free to start (if I don´t use the command it restarts).

I installed it sucefully in a different partition in the same HD of my windows installation.

When i tried to boot it appears boot:0.

I booted then from the USB stick and selected the Hard drive in niresh and used some commands(-v, -x, USB bus fix, graphic enabler =no, xpcmfree). PS: I know the commands are not written correctly here.

It freezes with the following screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7eve17onif3fzh/2014-09-30%2010.49.02.jpg?dl=0.

My laptop is an asus n550jk ds71t.

I replaced the HDD for a SSD 1tb samsung 840 evo.

Processor & Chipset Processor Manufacturer Intel Processor Type Core i7 Processor Model i7-4700HQ Processor Speed 2.40 GHz Processor Core Quad-core (4 Core) Cache 6 MB vPro Technology No Chipset Manufacturer Intel Chipset Model HM86 Express Display & Graphics Screen Size 15.60 " Touchscreen Yes Display Screen Type Active Matrix TFT Color LCD Aspect Ratio 16:9 Screen Mode Full HD Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 Backlight Technology LED Switchable Graphics Yes Graphics Controller Manufacturer NVIDIA, Intel Graphics Controller Model GeForce GTX 850M, HD 4600 Graphics Memory Capacity Up to 2 GB Graphics Memory Technology DDR3 SDRAM Graphics Memory Accessibility Dedicated, Shared

how did you install...it keep restarting...am using the same laptop as yours...ASUS N550JK-Ds71t...help me with the commands please

Hey, I gave up on installation.

For instalation use the command xpcm-free.

I installed it, but only could boot on safe mode, and there's a lot of problems.

I installed it, but only could boot on safe mode, and there's a lot of problems.

It's giving me the No HPET available error...how do you boot in safe mode