Niresh Mavericks 10.9 Problems with Nvidia GT635m
1 1

Question

Hello there.

This will be my first post.

I have been trying to install mavericks on my laptop the last two days.. Finally i found out Niresh mavericks worked if i chose to move Nvidia and intel kexts.

Now wifi dont work of cause, but i think i can solve that with an edimax Nano USB. 

Now comes a problem, i would be happy to get my Nvidia GT635m to work correctly..

About 1 hour ago i tried installing The cuda drivers from Nvidia, and then update directly to 10.9.5 from app store.. Have a feeling that was a baad move, because now my pc starts with a black screen (awesome xD)

So now i am reinstalling again, and when it comes up, i will try to install only cuda and then reboot if that helps.. 

But does anyone have any ideas on how i can solve this? or about what i might be doing wrong.. I am faily new to all this, but i have been searching my ass for on the forum, and can not seem to find a solution.

I am open to try and learn something new :D

But system specs are:

Intel I5

Nvidia GT 635m Correction, it is a Nvidia GT555m
Intel graphics 3000

4GB ram

My computer uses CUDA to switch between nvidia and intel graphics (as u might have guessed)...

Update: Ok just found out my pc has optimus.. so thats it for my nvidia i guess xD not gonna get that working.. 

So now i guess i want to get my Intel working :P

2 answers to this question

Lol, posting something and solving it yourself! That is what we want. :party:

Well it is not completely solved.. i have read around the forum about how to change resolution and all that, but i can not seem to get hardware acceleration working on Intel HD 3000.. So i still have a problem that i would like help with.. 

Should i open a new post with this?