Acer Aspire V3-571G Mavericks 10.9.0 to 10.9.5 Quick Installation Guide // Full Working QE/CI and HDMI Output // Kext Included
4 4

Question

sxbz9y.png

Hi everybody, in this guide I will show you how to install Niresh Mavericks on your Acer Aspire V3-571G with full resolution and graphic acceleration and HDMI out full working. I decided to write it because of all random and confused articles about Mavericks, Aspire V3-571G and Intel HD4000 that other don’t do that increasing only the difficult and the clarity about this amazing fact. OSX on PC is now real.

This procedure was tested 4 times on the same V3-571G and two times on other two different V3-571G. You will get what I said only if you follow exactly this guide.

Before starting I want to say that in this guide I will not show you how to Dual Boot it with Windows. But if you want to do it you can do it easily later (Windows installed after OSX method)

I want to advise you that Wireless, Bluetooth and nVidia GPU will not work. My GPU is a 710M that is surely unsupported, don't know if other nVidia cards are supported, but sincerely I don't care.

Download my .zip package (you will need it later, 15 MB)

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/40520251/file.html

Part 1 - Setting BIOS

First of all if you didn't done it yet, you have to flash a new modded BIOS that includes some advanced options unavaiable in the official BIOS.
Till some weeks ago if a V3-571G user had been flashed an official BIOS version (2.0+) from Acer, he was unable to flash the only modded BIOS (1.10) found-able around the network that Hackintosh needs. But now thanks to 
TolstyLuty who edited two of new BIOS versions (2.04 and 2.21) these users (like me too) are able to flash this new modded BIOS without having problems (because BIOS downgrade is not possibile).

1a) Download the BIOS here: http://acerfans.ru/index.php?do=showpost&id=338949 
You can choose 2.04 or 2.21 it depends on your current BIOS version. If you need to know your BIOS version you can enter directly in your BIOS at startup with F2 and look in the bottom of visual.

1b) Copy the BIOS flash file on an empty USB drive.

1c) Flash the BIOS following these steps:

• Remove CD or DVD if possible
  • Remove USB devices and Ethernet cable
  • Press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds to shut down the laptop
  • Remove the battery
  • Remove AC cord
  • Put the USB drive on the right side of the laptop
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds then release
  • While holding FN + ESC plug in the AC cord (Keep holding FN+ESC the whole time)
  • Now press Power Button and hold it... The fan should spin up (keep holding FN+ESC) once fan spins up, release the Power Button eventually the fan will shut off (Usually 2-3 minutes)
  • When fan shuts off you have to plug your AC cable back and reboot.

1d) Set BIOS following these steps:

• Enter the BIOS using F2 and reset your settings to default, save, reboot and enter again in the BIOS
  • Switch SATA Mode to AHCI
  • Switch BIOS in Legacy Mode
  • Disable your nVidia GPU entering in Video Configuration area and set Special Features = Disable // PCI Express Graphics / ASPM = Disable, Always Enable PG = Disable
  • Disable Virtualization Technology in Chipset Configuration area setting VT-d = Disable
  • Disable HyperThreading in Advanced CPU Support / HTsup = Disable
  • Reboot or halt your PC.

Part 2 - Installing and Running Mavericks

2a) Remove the HDMI cable if any and Boot in verbose mode your Niresh USB Mavericks 10.9.0 Installer http://www.hackintosh.zone/file/75-niresh-mac-os-x-mavericks-109-with-amd-intel-usb/

2b) Format the entire HDD with disk utility and initialize it.

2c) In the last step you will click on Customize tab (left bottom of window) and you will select/enable Chameleon EFI bootloader (all other bootloaders deselected) and deselect/disable GraphicsEnabler and select/enable IGPEnabler. Launch setup and reboot.

2d) At first start you will are not enable to enter the OSX cause of some errors (BootCacheControl etc...) not worry. Halt your V3-571G and run OSX in Safe Mode (-s Bootflag) than write in order

fsck -fy
mount 
-uw /
grafix backup all

reboot

2d) If everything went good you will setup your Hackintosh in native resolution without QE/CI acceleration and if you click on Informations about this mac you will not see the Intel HD4000 in the specs. Not worry.

Part 3 - Installing Ethernet, Trackpad and Audio

3a) Now you have to download (if you didn't done yet) yet my .zip package that contains all the necessary Kexts and the two utility we will use to configure our V3-571G. Extract it in a folder.

3b) Run Kext Utility and wait that the software will perform all his starting operations than drop on it the two kext file contained in the Ethernet folder of my package. Enter password twice and reboot.
3c) Now you will able to surf the internet via Ethernet. If you want, install now the Trackpad kext (with Kext Utility) and run VoodooHDA.pkg contained in the Audio folder to setup your trackpad and audio. Keyboard works fine so you don't need to install a Kext.

3d) Reboot your V3-571G to see trackpad and audio working also.

Part 4 - Activate Full QE/CI and HDMI

Most important procedure

4a) Replace the org.chameleon.Boot.plist provided in the /Extra folder.

4b) Install all the Kext contained in the Intel HD4000 folder via KextUtility than reboot

4c) Open ChameleonWizard from my package and switch to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and if you want, change force the resolution to 1920x1080.

4d) Now sure that you're connected to the Network and run AppleStore application. Switch on Updates section and you will see the Mavericks 10.9.5 update avaiable. Perform all the updates than shutdown your V3-571g. You've done.

4e) Connect your HDMI cable and start your V3-571G with Laptop screen opened. If you close it you will see the screen only on your TV/Monitor if not OSX will duplicate it. Now your Hackintosh would be ready. As you can see if you click on Information about this Mac you will se other than your Intel HD4000 the processor shown as a Dual Core Xeon... Do not worry.

Thanks for reading. Simone. Hoping to help someone.

2v3pjxk.png

jpxwu0.png

6tcu8l.png

Notes: If you want to Dual Boot with windows you can follow this guide https://neosmart.net/wiki/easybcd/dual-boot/mac-os/

If you are able to Dual Boot but you want to use the nVidia GPU on Windows without activating/deactivating it everytime from BIOS you can activate this voice (Skip nVidia GFX) in org.chameleon.Boot.plist section of ChameleonWizard to skip the nVidia components searching from startup: 

23j4vpy.png

Credits

Niresh - @

TolstyLutyhttps://www.bios-mods.com/forum/User-TolstyLuty

8 answers to this question

Everything worked, thank you.

But I can't control backlight. My eyes very badly from this. How to fix backlight control?

Brightness? You should able to manage the brightness of your Integrated Monitor. If you want to manage the brightness of your External Monitor you should install an app called shades, contained in the Preference Panel of your Hackintosh. Just search Shades for mac on google.
Let me know.

i remember to say a thing to correct the initial post. You also can enable again virtualization technology and hypertreading after the installation of the 10.9.5 combo update.

I have V3-571g with v2.21 bios, is it REALLY safe to flash unlocked bios?

I did it, and it went flawlessly. Funny that it's possible to update bios like that.

Anyway, I've tried this exactly with Yosemite but no screen and it's speak program started talking. :(

I have V3-571 with v1.01 bios and Intel HD graphic 3000, is it Ok to install MAC OS?

its too late but does the audio through hdmi works too

and if you have new guide to El Capitan