Mavericks 10.9 HP Pavilion Dv5 2040br
1 1

Question

Hello Guys,

I'm new at Hackintosh Zone but none on Hackintosh thing. I've tried a lot of hackintosh methods, had a great experience with Dell Notebooks, exclusively on Dell D420 working vanilla Snow Leopard with the latest update. Have to exchange the laptop to an better Hp Pavilion Dv5 2040br (especifications will be here next), and i've facing some troubles with to 'Hackintoshin' it. So i've found Hackintosh Zone and Niresh Distro Mavericks which have few support to HP products. So, let's stop with the chit-chat and go straight to the point.

Especifications

Intel i3 M350 2.27GHz Processor with Intel HD Graphics 1st Gen.

4GB HP RAM

120GB HDD Storage

Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth

Atheros Wireless AR9285 b/g/n

Realtek PCIe GBE Ethernet

Synaptics PS/2 port Touchpad

(If something missing, tell me)

I have installed Mavericks 10.9 Niresh Distro, works fine as well, fixing the graphics, wireless, battery, touchpad kexts and etc. I had a few problems with some Kernel Panic on AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext, but i removed it from the system and no more problems. The only thing that bothers me is that i can't update the system to the current 10.9.5, when i do it, it keeps with the KP. Another thing is that i can't control the sound and the brightness. I turn down or up the volume even if i muted it, the sound keeps it. iMessage doesn't work too, and for some reason (i don't know it is from the OS or the Network) i can't make FaceTime calls. And for last and most important, after a few reinstalations, the bootloader is not installing along the OS, even Chameleon or Clover, forcing me to boot the OS via USB Installation.

Although, everything on the system works fine to me, iWork and iLife, Office and etc.

If sombody could help e, i'll be totaly aprecciated!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet