10.9.1 Upgrade Audio Not Working After
1 1

Question

Hello,

So after installing the 10.9.0 my hackintosh worked perfectly, no problems and audio was fine using the auto install in NIresh Mavericks. I'm running an MSI laptop with Realtek 892 audio codec. After installing the 10.9.1 update using the App store, I lost audio. The voodoo HDA kext is still there, but the prefpane no longer recognizes the voodoohda.kext and the devices are no longer listed in Sound. I tried reinstalling using Niresh auto install, mutlibeast using both the Realtek 892 and voodoo kexts (0.2.1, 2.7.2, and 2.8.4) all without fixing the problem. I also tried manually installing 2.7.2 and then i got a kernal panic, (i did repair permissions/cache after manual install using kext wizard) . Thanks everyone, Any suggestions? 

6 answers to this question

You should replace the sound kext I think. I read about it on tonymac forum. I updated 10.9 to 10.9.1 to saw your post and everything is working for me. Not even a single scratch

Hey so I managed to update successfully using the voodoo 2.8.4 found her: http://www.hackintosh.zone/file/48-voodohda-hackint0sh/ . I did this after installing OSX and not selecting automatic audio install. I did try the ALC 892 kext but it didn't work. I then installed the 10.9.1 update using the dog downloaded from Apple's website. now It works perfectly. Thank you for the help. 

Install these two in kext wizard.

4082-AppleHDA ALC888 - LayoutID 888 (this supports realtek alc 882 through 902)

VoodooHDA-v284 (you can find this on niresh forum downloads) 

I have the ALC892 soundcard too and this fixed it.

This worked for me Thanks. I have a desktop with a Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI.

I was goin to suggest the same ,reinstall audio kexts

1 person likes this