Help! I messed up my laptop!
1 1

Question

Okay so recently I installed Niresh's OS X Mavericks onto my Windows 8 laptop. I was stupid and didn't back up anything, thinking that OS X would install separately from Windows 8. Evidently, that wasn't the case, so now I have a laptop running Mavericks with no Wifi (the internal card isn't compatible with OS X), no Bluetooth (for some reason the laptop won't identify any nearby devices), and it seems like the USB ports don't work (I've plugged in WiFi USB adapters, but they never show up on OS X. I really don't want to spend another hundred dollars replacing what I had before. If this problem occurred because I was careless and didn't back anything up, then is there a way to fix the internet connection issues or Bluetooth issues? The laptop is a Sony Vaio E14P with an Intel i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, and a 2 GB dedicated AMD Radeon graphics card. I am still able to access the BIOS but without the USB to boot OS X from, the computer just says "No Operating System Found". I'm pretty sure I screwed myself over. Any help is welcome!

P.S. I am a beginner with all of this and am in no way experienced, as clearly seen.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet