Cannot Boot from MacPwn USB Install of OS X Yosemite
1 1

Question

Hi guys!

First post here so bear with me, please. I'm usually one to read all forums to find my answer, so to make a post in one... you can feel my desperation...  :(

I'm trying to install OS X Yosemite on my Asus K450JN, which is more than capable of doing so, in a partition of my main hard drive, using a USB stick.

I tried a lot of different (pirated) installers that I found online and none of them worked. So I came across, what I thought was, a very simple solution. Install Mavericks in a virtual machine, download OS X Yosemite from the app store and install it using the flash drive. It didn't work... Then found MacPwn and I thought my problems were solved... No.

After following the guide carefully and successfully install MacPwn on my USB, I restarted the computer but it doesn't boot. There is no option of booting with the USB. I tried a dozen times with different settings but it doesn't work. 

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to install anything else?

Any help will be highly appreciated as I have no idea of what's left to do,

1 answer to this question

I have the same problem.. I installed MacPwn to my USB too, did the MBR patch, and I restarted my computer, it booted to Clover, but I can't boot to Yosemite installer because there is no USB booting option.. Why?? Please help!