Windows Host Mlion - Mavericks Upgrade

Question

I would install Mavericks on VirtualBox. I have written the dmg file on a usb drive with Win32DiskImager, but MLion (running on Virtual Box) can't find the drive with diskutil. Is there a way to show 'MLion' the pendrive? (Windows considers it corrupt).Thanks! 

4 answers to this question

Have you transfered the usb into the virtual machine? Because now the pendrive is in windows, you need to give it to the virtual machine. In the virtualbox windows, in the bottom right, you will see a few icons, one of those must be the pendrive. You just need to click it and select 'Connect'

When I select the pendrive, it opens a window with the option for formatting the device because it is corrupt... I think it doesn't work for this reason..The pendrive is seen as "unknown device 18A5:0302[0103]"

When I select the pendrive, it opens a window with the option for formatting the device because it is corrupt... I think it doesn't work for this reason..The pendrive is seen as "unknown device 18A5:0302[0103]"

Where? In windows or Mac? If it is in windows, maybe it's normal because it's working with another format, if it is in mac maybe it's corrupt.

Format the pendrive and copy the dmg file to the pendrive. Then, copy the dmg from the pendrive and paste it inside the virtual machine. And then create the entire usb with mac.

1 person likes this

Virtual Box don't show the pendrive to MLion... I've added the filter, but it doesn't work.I will buy a HDD and i will install OS X in it. I think it's easier than using Virtual Box.

1 person likes this