Acer Aspire 4740 with Yosemite 10.10 Success !
1 1

Well, I finally successfully installed Yosemite on my Acer Aspire 4740, this is my guide ...

First of all you will need a full runing Hackintosh or Mac to do some preparations :

1. Create a Bootable Yosemite USB Drive wih Unibeast using Tonymac's guide
2. Download (1st Gen) Intel HD Graphics Kexts 10.10 from InsanelyMac here 
3. Insert the USB drive, inside the USB's folders open : System/Library/Extensions 
4. Copy all this files into the Extensions folder (overwrite any file if required), these files came from the (1st Gen) Intel HD Graphics Kexts folder (use the untouched AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext) :

5. Now, you are ready to install Yosemite on the Acer Aspire 4740, follow Tonymacx86's Yosemite install guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
6. To enable full Graphics QE/CI follow InsanelyMac's 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI guide (Here is the Intel's video  Linux dump.zip)
7. Download and install Tonymac's UniBeast using DSDT mode (DSDT.zip)
8. To make Sound and Ethernet work, download MacPoison for Yosemite and install VoodooHDA and Broadcom kexts
9. To enable Card Reader download Realtek's OS X driver package here
10. To enable Brightness just download and install this kext here (This kext requires DSDT patching otherwise will not work, my DSDT is already patched icon_e_wink.gif )
11. Use Chameleon Wizard to inject SMBios MacBookPro6,2 info. 
12. To fix iCloud, FaceTime and AppStore login issues follow this steps :

• 1. Add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

• 2. Remove all Network interfaces
    3. Remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
    4. Reboot
    5. Re-add your Ethernet Network Interface. This must be en0. (not en1, en2...)

Not working (yet, if you can help) :

- Sleep

- Sound Mic

- HDMI Video out

- Battery sensor

If anyone can help to improve this Hackintosh feel free to post, any help will be apreciated.

2 answers to this question