Can't find ACHI Setting for my BIOS,what to do now?
3 3

Question

CQ3071IN--- Here's my Desktop model manufactured by Compaq.You can google search the model for it's specs

I want to Install OS X on my Desktop and it seems like there isn't any kind of setting where I can change my SATA Control setting to ACHI.I can't find BIOS updates too.What should be my next step?

3 answers to this question

@ hi most of the built in ata and sata chipsets will be loaded so please try to install it will work if not please mention me here

@ My old laptop(hp pavilion dv6) had the same problem, no AHCI setting. This is most due to that it is preset on AHCI since it cannot run RAID or IDE. If you have no setting for this, do not worry, it is automatically set on AHCI. I discovered that after looking up my laptop. 

CQ3071IN--- Here's my Desktop model manufactured by Compaq.You can google search the model for it's specs

I want to Install OS X on my Desktop and it seems like there isn't any kind of setting where I can change my SATA Control setting to ACHI.I can't find BIOS updates too.What should be my next step?

I installed Mavericks on my Dell Optiplex 380, there is no setting in bios for ACHI.  It installed near flawless, just fighting with the NIC driver now.