Niresh 10.9.0 Networking is virtually non existant
1 1

Question

Hello all, I have been attempting to install Niresh mavericks 10.9.0 for almost two weeks now and have encountered difficulties that have lead me to ask for help. There are multiple problems such as awful screen tear, safari flickering, and application launcher not rendering correctly. But it is fairly obvious that these are all graphic reated, and may be fixed by installing graphics accelerators. No, the more pressing and concerning matter is the way Mavericks is handling the network. The title is not an exaggeration, the network preferences / control is actually missing. It is there with the other icons in preferences, but when it is clicked on a blank screen appears where the information should be. The window still has the title, but nothing can be interacted with. The menu bar is frozen, the screen cannot be closed or moved, and the only solution is to click on the desktop, wait for finder, and force quit the application? I have rebuilt the cache and repaired permissions, but to no avail Any help would be greatly appreciated, has anyone else ever suffered from this? Thank you in advance. Here are my specs:

Sony vaio VAIO AW series; Model:VGN-AW15G/H

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.40 GHz)

320 GB Hard Disk Drive

4GB RAM

NVIDIA® GeForce® 9300M GS notebook graphics processing unit (GPU)(Motion Reality HD equiped)

256 MB Dedicated video RAM

NVIDIA® High definition audio

Mobile Intel® PM45 Express Chipset

Marvell Yukon 88e8055 pci-e gigabit ethernet controller (which i cannot find a working kext for)

Intel® WiFi Link 5100 (Which I am never going to find a working kext for)

Mac mavericks installed on a 50gb parition (Windows with 207gb, Ubuntu with 25gb, and the rest is backup)

Installed from official Niresh .dmg

Using chameleon bootloader

Skipped network setup on Mac setup assistant

p.s. If I posted this in the wrong forum, or area I apologise. Feel free to move it to where it belongs.

1 answer to this question

For all those interested, or suffering from the same problem as me, it was a faulty networking kext. Either an Intel or Marvell kext. A clean re-install fixed it, and I used a cat6 to USB as a workaround to the internet problem.