Reboot when trying to open the installer
2 2

Question

Hello everyone,

I have a problem when i'm trying to open run the installer...
First thing first my specs are:

CPU: Intel Core I5
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33
Graphic Card: AMD/MSI Radeon HD7790
RAM: 8GB

So the problem is if I open the setup it instantly reboot my system everytime I try to open the setup.
I have my bios configured to AHCI .
The USB Is working fine ( I tested this on my Laptop there it boots fine but I cant go into the setup because it's a laptop and the setup i use is fore a PC )

Video about the problem (NOTE: I use 2 monitors in the video because it was a quick vid):
[embed]

[/embed]

6 answers to this question

Try inputing these boot flags before hitting enter :

-v GraphicsEnabler=No

Your graphics card is not supported by the vanilla kexts, so you will need to install the correct ones once you have installed OSX.

Wel when i saw Mac Os X Yosemite was released and supported my graphic card i gave that a shot and it worked...

( I know i'm in the wrong section so if a moderator can move this to the correct section then i'll appreciate that )

So Yosemite installed successfully it booted up slow for the first time ( I tought thats just because it's starting for the first time ) after setting everything up and let it do it's thing ( No i did not shutdown or rebooted the computer while Hackintosh.zone was setting up i waited until it was done ).

So after it was done setting himself up i tried to go on the internet but it told me i was not connected to the internet so i tought: Mabey i have to reboot to finish the opperation and after rebooting i was not able to get in the OS i used the bootflags: USBBusFix=Yes -x -v   Without result.

So whats to problem the installation was successfully without any errors i even customized the installation to boot with the bootflag: USBBusFix=Yes but when i boot i'ts stuck...

So the problems are:

No Internet

Can't boot 

Here are some images:

Wel when i saw Mac Os X Yosemite was released and supported my graphic card i gave that a shot and it worked...

( I know i'm in the wrong section so if a moderator can move this to the correct section then i'll appreciate that )

So Yosemite installed successfully it booted up slow for the first time ( I tought thats just because it's starting for the first time ) after setting everything up and let it do it's thing ( No i did not shutdown or rebooted the computer while Hackintosh.zone was setting up i waited until it was done ).

So after it was done setting himself up i tried to go on the internet but it told me i was not connected to the internet so i tought: Mabey i have to reboot to finish the opperation and after rebooting i was not able to get in the OS i used the bootflags: USBBusFix=Yes -x -v   Without result.

So whats to problem the installation was successfully without any errors i even customized the installation to boot with the bootflag: USBBusFix=Yes but when i boot i'ts stuck...

So the problems are:

No Internet.

Cant enter the OS.

Here are some images for more detail:

So after it was done setting himself up i tried to go on the internet but it told me i was not connected to the internet so i tought: Mabey i have to reboot to finish the opperation and after rebooting i was not able to get in the OS i used the bootflags: USBBusFix=Yes -x -v Without result.

So the problems are:

No Internet.

Cant enter the OS.

Here are some images for more detail:

IMG_0250.jpg IMG_0251.jpg

Problem_1.jpg

(Can a moderator please move this to the Yosemite Section because it's now about a Yosemite version )

I almost fixed it by using Yosemite ( Because yosemite supports my graphics card )
So the problems are:
After setting everything up and let Mac & Hackintosh.zone do it's thing i could not connect to the internet.
So i tought i had to reboot and after i rebooted ( The usb make no difference it gives me the same result )
i could not boot up the os ( The bootloader is working fine nothing is wrong with that )
I tried to boot the os with USBBusFix=Yes -x -v but that gives me a kernel panic for some reason.
So the problem is:

I can not boot into the system it wont load.
It tells me i'm not connected to the internet.

Here are some pictures:
Problem_1.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg IMG_0251.jpg

So what's the problem i did customize the setup to boot with USBBusFix=Yes and even without that ( I reinstalled the machine almost 9 times now )

Allready thanks for the help!

Greetings,
poonkje112

Have you tried -v -f -x ? -x boots in safe mode and loads only the most basic USB drivers, so you shouldn't have the same problem if it was due to your USB.

Did you try booting without graphics enabler?

You could also try a different bootloader. Try the latest Chameleon bootloader, it works fine with my AMD graphics card. You just need to input the AtiConfig and AtiPorts for your card. The AtiConfig boot flag is your graphics framebuffer and AtiPorts is the number of outputs on your graphics card. Just download a bootable USB version and try it out.

Well i tried to boot up with the following boot args ( NOTE: I'm on Yosemite and not on Mavericks ) -f -v -x and GraphicsEnabler=No -v  ending with a kernel panic,( I think i will post pictures later ),

I'm going to try a other version of chameleon ( Even when i think that the bootloader has nothing to do with it )

i will post pictures from the kernel panic later.

Ok i'm a little bit closer now,

I'm using the Chameleon bootloader now ( i installed it with multibeast ).

Now i can access the OS only in safemode ( Bootflags: USBBusFix=Yes -x -v ),

If i try to access the OS Without -x i run in a kernel panic.

So i'm a little bit closer ( I dont know if i'm connected to the internet but i don't focus on that right now i want to boot into the OS propperly without safe mode first )

So here are some images:

IMG_0258.jpg IMG_0259.jpg IMG_0260.jpg

But thanks for the tip about the bootloader!

Update:
Internet is working fine the only thing now is that i can only boot into the OS in safe-mode