stuck while installing Yosemite
5 5

Question

Hello. I was installing Yosemite after Niresh's released. But seems like I'm stuck here at this stage. I waited for more than 1 hour but seems like no response from the machine nor the installation procedure. The round thing keeps rolling though.

My machine is Acer M581t with Intel. Please do help me out here.

post-118460-0-41056600-1415549288_thumb.

8 answers to this question

@. I somehow managed to installed it using the -x in the boot option. Everything went well and I could install it finally. But the problem I faced after when the machine automatically started was that the graphics was too low. Much low and you could actually see the transition. It was like every move with the mouse was like in a slow motion. I just can't explain how happy i was to see Yosemite on my machine and i was equally depressed to see the graphics at the end. My machine has Intel 4000HD graphics and is there any way I can manage that?

And thank you very much for your response.

@anp.pdl Try the alternate Bootloader Clover

This is a rare issue i can see the spinning wheel there but looks like its stuck

@anp.pdl I have marked your answer as the best answer because it solves your topic

There are several models in HD4000 send me the device id 

you can try lspci command or use System Information app and navigate to Display

hi,

that is my problem too. i can install it only with -x. i have got hd3000.

regards,

g.

Hi,

same issue here - I can only intall with -x flag and it is really slow - ASUS UX32VD - HD4000.

regards,

franta

con my tarjeta quadro fx 1700  hace lo mismo usb en mbr no trabajan ni el audio y en mavericks trabajan perfecto 

que podra ser disculpen el idioma.....

I am facing the same issue and I have aready tried combinations of boot Flags (-v, PCIRootUID=0/1, -x, busratio=20 etc), However Installation stuck on the same screen which is told by anp.pdl. Last night I tried more than 17 times to install it but no luck... My Laptop is has Core i3 2310 @ 2.2GHz (2nd Generation), Intel HD3000 Graphics, 4GB RAM. I tried Clover with fake Grphics ID into graphics injector (I did successful installation of ML and mavericks using this method) but failed in Yosemite. Niresh Pelase Help!

Also wanted to inform you that during installation, was getting error --- disk2s2: 0x3o0 (UNDEFINED)...