HD 4600 (mobile)
1 1

Question

Hello. I`m kinda new to the whole Hackintosh thing so I need your help. I have tried creating the vanilla OS X Yosemite with MacPwn (and Unibeast and Clover actually) and it either didn`t boot or the video card wasn`t recognized, and in System Information I was receiving 3 to 7MB shared memory. And I heard that Apple removed support for HD 4600 Mobile from Yosemite. Can I enable it (QE/CI enabled, I mean) with this image? Thank you! (and I also have a problem with a RTL8111 but I`ll come back with that once I get the error that shows up in -v)

1 answer to this question

yes it is possible to fake the graphics id and add the no longer unsupported ig-platform-id in their appleintelhd5000graphics.kext. I would consider looking into piker's patch here. and if QE still doesn't look you may need to do a Frame buffer patch here. I personally haven't been able to get my graphics to have QE, as i can't even boot without booting into safe mode and I'm using clover. Good luck and please say what you did and what worked or not, i would be interested.