Install Failed: Undefined error: 0
5 5

Question

Hi,

I've tried to install OSX Yosemite in my PC (see the full-detailled specs on Specs.txt)

Here is the args I've typed in Chameleon when I boot the installer via USB.

-v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 dart=0 (I've also tried -v -x cpus=1 npci=0x2000 dart=0 and I haven't noticed any change)

Clover doesn't work!

At the end of installation, that's always the same thing: Install Failed: Undefined error: 0

The system can boot, but is really buggy!

Here is the end lines of my install history:

Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: PackageKit: Writing receipt for Hackintosh.Zone.appleupstreamuserclient-backup to /Volumes/MacintoshHD/private/var/db/receipts
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: PackageKit: Writing receipt for Hackintosh.zone.BackupAppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to /Volumes/MacintoshHD/private/var/db/receipts
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: PackageKit: Writing receipt for Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script to /Volumes/MacintoshHD/private/var/db/receipts
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: Installed "Hackintosh Zone Yosemite" ()
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: PackageKit: ----- End install -----
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: PackageKit: 950.6s elapsed install time
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: Cleaning up non-target install media.
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: Reblessing orginal system on source media.
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost storagekitd[400]: Blessed disk: Bless disk operation for disk: SKDisk { BSD Name: disk2s1 Mount point: /Volumes/Image Volume Role: kSKDiskRoleLegacyMacData Type: kSKDiskTypeHFS }
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: Could not write configuration file (null)
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: Could not write configuration file (null)
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: Unable to write InstallType cookie file for Setup Assistant to pick up.
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: Can't find system audio level
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: Target disk is not valid during bless step. New OS may not boot.
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: OSIInstallElement <OSICleanUpElement: 0x7f9f92ac5bc0> errored out:Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=0 "L’opération n’a pas pu s’achever. Undefined error: 0"
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: ------- Install Failed -------
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: Operation: Post install cleanup failed, Failure Reason: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=0 "L’opération n’a pas pu s’achever. Undefined error: 0"
Nov  9 23:53:26 localhost OSInstaller[399]: Enabling system idle sleep.
Nov  9 23:53:43 localhost Unknown[389]: 2014-11-09 23:53:43.971 OS X Installer[399:7521] Layout still needs update after calling -[NSScrollView layout].  NSScrollView or one of its superclasses may have overridden -layout without calling super. Or, something may have dirtied layout in the middle of updating it.  Both are programming errors in Cocoa Autolayout.  The former is pretty likely to arise if some pre-Cocoa Autolayout class had a method called layout, but it should be fixed.
Nov  9 23:59:53 localhost OSInstaller[399]: GetDYLDEntryPointWithImage(/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CacheDelete.framework/CacheDelete,CacheDeleteCopyPurgeableSpaceWithInfo) failed.
Nov  9 23:59:53 localhost Unknown[389]: 2014-11-09 23:59 OS X Installer[399] (FSEvents.framework) FSEventStreamStart: ERROR: FSEvents_connect() => Unknown service name (1102)
Nov  9 23:59:54 localhost OSInstaller[399]: Connection to sharingd became invalid
Nov  9 23:59:55 localhost Unknown[389]: 2014-11-09 23:59:55.065 OS X Installer[399:62939] Communications error: <OS_xpc_error: <error: 0x105391c60> { count = 1, contents =
Nov  9 23:59:55 localhost Unknown[389]:     "XPCErrorDescription" => <string: 0x105391f70> { length = 18, contents = "Connection invalid" }
Nov  9 23:59:55 localhost Unknown[389]: }>
Nov  9 23:59:55 localhost OSInstaller[399]: Folder Manager is being asked to create a folder (docs) while running as uid 0
Nov  9 23:59:57 localhost OSInstaller[399]: CoreServices logging is enabled,
Nov  9 23:59:57 localhost OSInstaller[399]: SFL Favorites initialized.

Any solution?

My system worked flawlessly with Niresh's Mavericks ISO

Best regards!

Thibault Baldetti

History details

History.txt

My full specs

Specs.txt

13 answers to this question

I have the same problem. i3-350M Toshiba laptop w/ Intel HD (1st gen) graphics and 8GB memory. A variety of boot flags attempted, all produce the same result, right after "Less than one minute" on the countdown. Very frustrating to wait 30-45 minutes before failing with no recourse.

I've done some additional poking around. Even though the installation claims to fail, is SOME cases it actually succeeds. Following the failure notice, I have rebooted (via the USB), selected the hard drive as the boot partition and successfully completed the Yosemite install. Strangely, this does not happen every time. The failure message changes, too, sometimes claiming an error executing a script that seems to be part of the kext-moving process following the Yosemite base install.

Niresh, any ideas? This seems to be a consistent and reproducible problem.

Tomasz, give the resultant installation a try. I am now completely up and running on Yosemite, even after the "error 0" failure. Boot to the hard drive and pick up the broken pieces that the installer left behind. I found that all I needed to do was clean up some graphic kexts and configure the boot loader.

Good luck!

John, I did as you said. It's working. Unfortunatelly not as good as I wish, because I dont have native resolution ( only: 1024x768). And I always need to boot with -f flag ;/ becouse normal booting take hours ;/ .

And I had win7 on my ssd disk I split ssd for osx . After that  I lost my posibility to boot windows. Don't really know what to do;/ 

Tomasz, that's exactly where I was a few (frustrating) days ago. The good news is that you have a lot working already.

1) Graphics resolution: what is your graphic setup? Mine is HD 4000 and that was painful to set up, but not it is awesome.

2) Booting. The boot partition got smashed by the installer. The good news is that you can now run the Chameleon wizard to set it up better. I am still struggling to get a Clover config that lets me boot Windows and OS X using EUFI. Now I go into BIOS setup and toggle back and forth and that is not ideal.

Hang in there! Give it some time and effort and you will be amazed by your progress.

--John

Same problem. Pure vanilla niresh Mavericks worked flawlessly for me. Would love any help!

Same problem. I had a working Niresh 10.9 installation, tried updating it, tried formating the drive, got the same message both times. My system is an AMD FX-6100 with a Radeon 6670 on an MSI mobo. And btw I can only boot with the npci=0x3000 boot flag.

Hi

You try to restore image to usb again. I think that there is problem with your usb.

Hi
     I am new to here and first time and I am also facing this same problem please provide solution.