OS X Yosemite 10.10 distro Installation
5 5

Question

Hi ! All

I have installed OS X Yosemite 10.10 distro on Intel DB85FL , Intel 4770, NVidia GT 740 2gb DDR5, installation was successful but there is some problems after installation

1) I have to press F10 key every time to select boot device

2) System is not booting without -f key to this I am getting proper resolution & colors but display card chipset & memory is not getting recognized, CPU is 3.44 it is recognized as 2.99

3) Sound card is not detected.

I have uploaded some screen shot , If some one can help me out for same.

Thanks

post-8658-0-59248600-1415772175_thumb.jp

7 answers to this question

Hi ! All

I have installed OS X Yosemite 10.10 distro on Intel DB85FL , Intel 4770, NVidia GT 740 2gb DDR5, installation was successful but there is some problems after installation

2) System is not booting without -f key to this I am getting proper resolution & colors but display card chipset & memory is not getting recognized, CPU is 3.44 it is recognized as 2.99

3) Sound card is not detected.

Thanks

npci=0x3000

or

npci=0x2000

I also did the installation and everything went smoothly. I created my account and as soos as I hit the desktop I get a message "a graphics problem has been detected". After that the desktop keeps crashing and restarting. I have an nvidia 770 gtx which im pretty sure should work OOB on 10.10. I have tried booting with -x and installing the web driver but I get the same result. I did add the nvda drv boot flag after installing web drivers. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Hi

I've also installed Yosemite successfully (only using -x) on a Gigabyte  Z87MD3h with an Nvidia GTX660 and 16Gb ram  BUT I have NO network OR Sound. neither are detected and i've tried just about every boot option,along with reinstalling and customizing each time according to suggestions in the guide.

It's becoming quite tedious as I don't seem to be getting anywhere.No matter what i try,nothing seems to work, then after a while I get little green squares all over the screen and it freezes. Obviously a graphic issue. I appreciate all the trouble that's put inot an "easy" installation process and it is, compared to past itterations. There's still issues though and it's quite beyond my capabilities.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated

Try installing specific kexts for your ethernet card (find out in google, for kexts for your card).
And problem of sound - in settings of audio (freshly after installing) try to change from "front output" to "rear output" or something like that. When i was doing my hackintosh, i've got the same problem. And installing any audio kexts won't work. Just only i had to do, was changing the output from front to rear (cause like in every pc i've got my speakers plugged in rear green port).
Try this methods ;) And for solve problem of graphics - try installing nvidia kexts if you won't did this earlier and the problem was freshly after install.
If i helped - let me know ;)

Hi ! All

2) System is not booting without -f key

Thanks

Hi all!

I have the same prb!

i have complete the installation, i have sound and even i have wifi at my acer aspire notebook...(everything are running as mavericks distro at my pc )

although system is not booting without the -f key...

i have to press any key ( see the screenshot) in order to press -f or else the system stuck at the yosemite zone

Hi !

Tried npci=0x3000 & npci=0x2000 but same problem .

Tried manually update display card kext file after that only I am getting colors & resolution that is inform in first post only.

sound card is not detecting so there is no question of selecting output jack.

please send update

Thanks 

Hi

I've also installed Yosemite successfully (only using -x) on a Gigabyte  Z87MD3h with an Nvidia GTX660 and 16Gb ram  BUT I have NO network OR Sound. neither are detected and i've tried just about every boot option,along with reinstalling and customizing each time according to suggestions in the guide.

It's becoming quite tedious as I don't seem to be getting anywhere.No matter what i try,nothing seems to work, then after a while I get little green squares all over the screen and it freezes. Obviously a graphic issue. I appreciate all the trouble that's put inot an "easy" installation process and it is, compared to past itterations. There's still issues though and it's quite beyond my capabilities.

Hi

I was able to get my network working with Multibeast.