Boot after installation
3 3

Question

I read all the topics but it seems I am the only one with the problem. Installed with USB nad to the best of my ability I chose what I needed but when I start Yosemite with practically all the combo flags I only get half screen then the Gray wallpaer and the PC is frozen.

Note that in the same laptop I have ML by iATKOS and Mavericks 10.94 by Niresh working with everything. Login into ML and remove all the Intel kexts do a repair etc same results. A fresh installation does the same. I even applied Intel kexts that work with 10.94 but same.

is yosemite entirely different? anyone?

If you need more details please let me know thanks

9 answers to this question

thank you for the info. Last night I downloaded the latest VoodooHDA and this corrected the problem.

So Yosemite is working with everything I will normally use.

Do you get to the loading screen with the progress bar, or does it freeze before that? Post a screenshot from verbose mode so we can see at what step you're getting stuck.

Usually in safe mode you see a lot a activity before you get to /sbin fsck -fy and /sbin mount -uw / and then exit.

About 1/3 of the screen is filled and then goes to the Grayish wall paper. A bit difficult to take a picture but since I can boot from ML I will find the log that tells me the start sequence.

jchavez thank you for the reply it encouraged me to continue.

After looking at the install log there was an indication about the MBR. I started a new installation on a new hard disk and use GUID Partition.

I was ablte to get in safe mode after "exit" now i know i need to correct the video part e.g remove all intel, amd, ati graphic kext.

I will do this tonight.

1 person likes this

i' m not happy, after make about 8 install's, of yosemite, i get stuck over and over on same thing, i've post my hardware config and is pretty much a Mac setup,,,is P5PQL-AM, instal run's correctly, even sound and ethernet work,,everything is functional in first boot,,, i leave my Mackintosh working for 5 minutes so Niresh can repair permissions and rebuild cache,,,everything run's perfectly,,know, after setup all app for my personal work, i came and boot, no boot possible, he stuck's in progress bar, if not stuck, it takes a long long time to boot,,i've get the boot, typing -v -x, other way he just load some kexts and he freeze's,,,how can i solve this, i really need my mac, i appreciate  some support from your side, Niresh, i've seen you answer some questions, but, all my post's didn't have one single answer. I can't take screen shot, cause, when he stuck's i lose all control's,, and i got a windows phone, so i can't transfer photo's from Phone to Mac,, waiting for one quick answer. peace.

1 person likes this

A follow up on my installation. Up and running I need to fix ethernet/wireless, video and sound.

The kext for the ethernet/wireless that worked with ML/Mavericks are reported by Yosemite as "tainted". This is like windows "driver not signed".

This is my NIC Qualcom Atheros AR8152 v1.1 with ALXEthernet.kext and WiFI Atheros 9285 4.0.72.0-P2p with IO80211Family.kext. (For ML/Mavericks)

Does anyone know if they are some updates for this, suitable for Yosemite or force yosemite to accept them like I do with Windows drivers?

P.S. When I got at the desktop Yosemite was:"reparing permissions and updating system caches" ???

After several evenings and the whole yesterday I finally have Yosemite working just fine. I just need to fix the audio because I can only use headphones.

I know is the AppleHDA and not the VoodooHDA because I remove it and still the same.

I think this is fixable I just need to keep on working with it.

mmns944n6,,,,,answering to our "Ps",,,when your install Finnish you get Yosemite desktop, "Niresh" tell's you on notifications " don't shutdown your pc ",,you leave it,,don't do nothing,,,Niresh website is optimizing your machine,,,i didn't get any error's, lucky ,,well,, this time,,other time i get the same issue with ethernet and sound, i fixe ethernet with all in one solution ethernet package,,usually solve that problem,,,about sound, in other methods i use, i had to change voodooHDA.kext and i had to add AppleHDADisabler.kext ,,,,this manipulation had work for me once,,i think the 4 th tie i install yosemite ( not with Niresh method ),,,