Boot problem after clean and successful install of Yosemite
6 6

Question

I've post already my machine configurations,,

is a Assus P5PQL-AM intel Duo2Core 2.94Hz,,

i've install Niresh Distro Yosemite,,,,,

, instalation was fine, Finnish, 1° reboot was fine, Niresh had repair permisions and rebuild cache,,done.

I had my Yosemite,,

i got all my app installed,,,after waisting some time " again " , to setup my Mac, i get to sleep yesterday, today i turn on, and he don't boot,,,i've try some flags, but the only one that work's seem's to be -v -x,,,other way he stay on white screen yosemite, with progression bar that sucks in the middle and he takes a long long time to boot, if he boot's,,,i didn't install anything else, i've run kext wizard, after install my apps,,  

i'll appreciate some support. I don't get it, if i need to register and follow all indications, why can't i get one answer to my specific problem,,,

I'm following you for sometime and i share many times your posts,,,

friendly 

17 answers to this question

Same issue here... Sfter installation first boot was ok... Could use the computer. After restart it only boots again with -v and -x .. It gets stuck right after it detects ps2 mouse ...

-v -x doesnt help u to boot but only show u the error..

what i meant is post that screen

Here is my screen, my configuration is i3, 4gb ram, MSI motherboard whith intern graphic card and one graphuc more ati radeon 6670, is that maybe cause that problem?

Problem with big picture over mobile phone to uplaod it just say missing vluetooth controller... Not other fails...

I give up,, after making about 15 install's of Yosemite, some issue,, everything run's perfect, i've try Clover boot loader and chameleon,,no way to get it run correctly,,errors,,gonna wait some time before install it again, i'm running Mavericks Niresh distro,,this one run's cool,, no issues at all,,i've try MacPwn,, no success, i've try with 2 other methods, i get install but no sound,,rrrrr,,, ufffff boot loader was working fine,,but no sound at all,,,

i think i'll wait some time to search or try something that works out correctly,,

thank's for your feedback.

speaking of screenshot,,in my case, i got white screen with logo and progress bar, that "run's " until the middle, then stops and get's stuck,,devices are detected, but no reaction at all,, maybe tomorrow, i'll make other install and i'll recorded,,

thanks,,

I give up,, after making about 15 install's of Yosemite, some issue,, everything run's perfect, i've try Clover boot loader and chameleon,,no way to get it run correctly,,errors,,gonna wait some time before install it again, i'm running Mavericks Niresh distro,,this one run's cool,, no issues at all,,i've try MacPwn,, no success, i've try with 2 other methods, i get install but no sound,,rrrrr,,, ufffff boot loader was working fine,,but no sound at all,,,

i think i'll wait some time to search or try something that works out correctly,,

thank's for your feedback.

speaking of screenshot,,in my case, i got white screen with logo and progress bar, that "run's " until the middle, then stops and get's stuck,,devices are detected, but no reaction at all,, maybe tomorrow, i'll make other install and i'll recorded,,

thanks,,

no point having to boot without -v having the apple screen stuck doesnt show u any error.

boot with -v 

show us the error messages

Hey @Macbac install again and in customize select just the first 2 options in graphics menu... Dont choose backup or anything... Then deselect ps2 mouse keyboard .... Itll boot fine... Let the OS finish repairing cache and permissions and when u get to donate ur sasafe to reboot.... Reboot without the usb plugged in .. When the boot window pops up prompting for command enter the following bootflags : -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v. if whats happening to you is the same as my situation, thatll get you going and yosemite will work flawlessly. Make sure u enter those flags at every boot. Hope it helps

Hey thanks a lot,, i've kill my Mavericks install, and i remake Yosemite, and you'r right, those flags are just what i need,,works fine,,

in fact if i deselect ps2 keyboard, i got issues with my bluethoot keyboard,,know everything is running cool,,,

Ok,, finally i get it work,,only little "issue" is boot, i steel had to boot with flags " -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v " all other bootflags don't work,,at least, i got full working/optimized Yosemite ( with fest boot, even faster then mavericks ),, very fluid and reactive,,,i'll post my Build Configuration and i'll make a video, finally i to my Yosemite fully working.

Thanks for one more excellent work Niresh.

Thumbs up.

so happy it helped!!!! It took me a while to figure it out and it´s my first ever try at a hackintosh... I DO however need to switch to Mountain Lion and I can't seem to be able to ... the Niresh USB dmg gets installed and then gives me boot0 error ... Don't even know with what dmg and install method to go @Macbac

1 person likes this

all install Methode of Niresh was successful,,,i've tried the windows method and mac all both work fine,,in my case, for Mavericks and know for Yosemite,,,

Yosemite, i'e get it installed, other methods,,but never oould get my sound working correctly ( even in and detecting devices, total control of volume/keyboard increse/decrease ) and the last one of Niresh get all things installed correctly,,, only "issue" was on boot,,however is solved,,

in fact i don't know what could be the conflict before i had Mavericks Niresh all optimised, full working, upgrade to 10.9.5 ,,, i did kill him, installing Yosemite on 2nd partition,,,always need the USB, however, once installed couldn't boot correctly,,only with -x -v,, but graphics and sound wan't load,,,

know, i only had Yosemite, no windows here,,i use my usb to bot, and after typing boot lads ou gave me, he boot's fast and run's smoothly,,i'm happy,,thanks,,

hehe, glad it works. I boot the same way only now I've added USBBusFix=Yes just because I wanna be able to boot with my audio interface plugged in. Niresh's Yosemite works extremely well.. I am very pleasantly surprised! 

1 person likes this

therecordmac,,,you can get it, thanks to Niresh, you can make usb Bootable drive with windows or Mac,,doesn't matter,,you want to try yosemite, you running windows, no problem, get 

8Gb USB Drive 1 hour and patient,,go to Niresh website, " Yosomite guide ", top of page you'll see "Yosemite Guide" if you put your mouse there, you'll see " Yosemite Distro ", click on there,,new window,,get down,,chose " restore Yosemite DMG for windows ",,, don't mess up,, if you do,, you got no install,,,,,,,,,,,you will have to like/share on FB to be able to download the file,,is a torrent, you should get torrent/bitorrent/other,,,get windows32diskimage is little program,,once you got both files,

format your USB on FAT32

open Windows32diskIMG,,,

click on blue window,,

when open, go down in files u should see "IMG/Iso ", unselect and select " *.* " it means all files, so you be able to see DMG files ( windows doesn't read it )

you select your file, now select your USB Drive,,

click write

process will take about 5/20 minutes,,depends on your machine,,,Finnish,,reboot, 

press F8/F2/F12 it changes from Pc to Pc,,chose USB Drive to boot,, follow the installation is done,,

cheers,

I am already using Yosemite. I need to Install Mountain Lion, and Niresh's won't work for me ... That's my problem... Or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Getting boot errors after instalation

hi guys i have also faced the same problem tried this -f -v and it is awesome mac was booted and i want to know what -f stands for