I Need Help I Have A Asus K53S,and I Love Mac...but I Am New To This!
1 1

Question

Hey,I am new to all of this Hackintossh But i have a very good BG in tech and OS booting and installations,But i cant find a Good Step by step tutorial on the internet...I have never tried OSX in my life and my friends all hav it...I Have a separate internal HDD with me(320GB),and all the necessary components...but i have no idea how to start!My Specs{images}http://imgur.com/a/KkaPe#0My detailed specshttp://pastebay.com/1391446 

1 person likes this

7 answers to this question

You should start by desiding with os You wanna try out first as a test install either 10.8.2 or 10.8.5 or the newest one 10.9 You need a blank dvdAnd a 8Gb or more Usb flash drive.The best way if you are a noob in hackintoshin :) is to try one of Niresh's Distros witchAre the easiest to install .then after you have suscessfully install The Os You have to install all the extra Kext needed for Your machine to workProperly.i recommend You get all your hardware listed and find all the kextFor your system then proceed With installation that way you all set.You say you have extra hard-drives so use a spare hard drive and start testing installing Mac os on it .i also recommend watching Youtube videosOn how to install or check and read the tutorial guides that are here in this web site for help.Try testing it out and if you get errors you can post it in this web site and we'll gladly help you out.

1 person likes this

Excuse me, but you have a good BG (whatever it means) in 'tech' in OS installing but you can't find a guide to install osx?

Select any distro you want, 10.7, 10.8.X or 10.9, download it. Burn it in a usb or DVD depending of which distro you select and boot it. Then install. 

1 person likes this

I started of downloading Niresh's OS X 10.8.2,Then i will bun it off on a DVD....will catch up once every things done!...THanks

I started of downloading Niresh's OS X 10.8.2,Then i will bun it off on a DVD....will catch up once every things done!...THanks

Just a quick tip: Use USB instead of DVD. You will fail numerous times with mackintosh.. And it'll get expensive getting a new DVD each time. Also, much more practical to have an USB if you need to do changes to it after you've restored the image. (Install kexts or add another kernel et.c.) Anyways, good luck! This is a great place to be at, everyone are much nicer here than Insanelymac and your language isn't as much important. Also there's some really talented people here. 

1 person likes this

Okay this is what i have done up-to now.

I Burned The ios to a DVD at x8 speed and it was successful @didair sorry mate i already USED up all my usb's with imp data

Then I Set all the BIOS settings properly, and set Boot Priority to my DVD drive. As I expected I came across the Niresh Iso Boot page then i selected enter into setup.

So i had a partition on my HDD A "D" drive and a "C" I formatted both of them to Apple Journal something the first one in the downtown menu....

Then The setup took about 30mins then it said it was successful and that i clicked restart!

http://imgur.com/KUahYFG

Then i changed the Boot priority back to my HDD
http://imgur.com/KUahYFG,5quHqo1,hFvYdNB#1

Then my whole hopes went down...I booted into the OS and i came across an error saying "Press and hold down the power botton..." in 5 different laguages along with a power button icon on a grey BG

I tried the -v thing but i didn't understand anything,********And i didn't do anything with flags and kexts

and can any one Skype or Google hangout with me plz...i hate typing! i have a lot more to describe too!
Please Help me I am dying to use OS X 10.8.2

You have SATA Mode to AHCI, right?