Niresh Mavericks 10.9 hangs on Inspiron 1720 Laptop at [PCI configuration begin]
2 2

Question

So I have hunted on the forums for the last 6 hours and tried everything possible. I have also checked and my laptop is compatible.

Here are the specs of my laptop

• Specification Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Here's what I have tried

-v -x PCIRootUID=1 ncpi=0x2000 -f

Also tried all permutation and combinations of the above with ncpi=0x3000

Always hangs at [PCI configuration begin]

FWIW, there are a few FakeSMC: [Fatal] failed to initialize SMC device errors, but installer does not hang on it. This may or may not be a problem, but I think that'll come later.

Finally Just before [PCI configuration begin], I always have -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

I followed instructions to the letter and used Win32DiskImager to burn the DMG to USB. I did not touch the DMG in any way. Not sure if I need to. One problem I have is I don't have access to any Mac and also don't have any machine capable of running VMPlayer, so I was so happy when I thought i had found a way at last to do this all in Windows.

Please help !!!

17 answers to this question

Update or reinstall FakeSMC.kext and Graphics is also a issue , you can install it instead of Virtual machine which is better option (IMO)

Enjoy Hacking :)

Deepak 

Sorry, but i don't follow. What Virtual Machine? I'm using Niresh so I can work exclusively with Windows. If Graphics is an issue I understand I can use GraphicsEnabler=No. Please confirm.

Finally can you please tell me how I can update FakeSMC.kext in the DMG before I burn USB with TransMac. This is my FIRST install, I don't have it working from before.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

PS Another unrelated issue. Windows computer no longer recognizes the USB ? ? ? I guess because it was formatted a certain way. In any case TransMac can still see it. Just to make sure I didn't somehow mangle it, I restored the DMG again on the USB drive then used the following options

-x -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 -f

No dice. Still hanging at [ PCI configuration begin ]

Virtual Machine = VirtualBox or VMWare .. do a direct installation which is better :)

Try GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No , also this Nvidia oldest Chipset try using  old kext and Natit.kext 

Yeah windows is not recognising bcoz its HFS+ format instead FAT or NTFS which mostly windows uses use TransMac or MacDrive are windows basis tools for OSX ..

-x -v PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 -f

try without -x or npci=2000 its PciRoot=1 or 2 ,3 try any 

Virtual Machine = VirtualBox or VMWare .. do a direct installation which is better :)

Yes -  I am doing a direct install. I don't even have Hardware that supports virtualization to use a VM and only Windows machines. Hence using Niresh

Try GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No , also this Nvidia oldest Chipset try using  old kext and Natit.kext 

Okay, so I will try both ways for Graphics...However how do I use old kext and Natit.kext? What option do I specify while booting? As I said I simply used Transmac to burn OSX-Mavericks.dmg onto the USB. I feel I'm missing some information here. Appreciate if you could point me in the right direction

Yeah windows is not recognising bcoz its HFS+ format instead FAT or NTFS which mostly windows uses use TransMac or MacDrive are windows basis tools for OSX ..

Okay. Someday I will figure out how to recover it in Windows.

try without -x or npci=2000 its PciRoot=1 or 2 ,3 try any 

I will try all the following permutations and combinations. Please let me know if I got that right.

-v PCIRootUID=1/2/3 GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes

I will try all the following permutations and combinations. Please let me know if I got that right.

-v PCIRootUID=1/2/3 GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes

So I started doing just that. When I reached the following configuration...

-v PCIRootUID=2 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

... instead of halting on [ PCI configuration begin ] I got an error

panic : "A kext releasing a(n) OSArray has corrupted the registery <greek> <latin> <mandarin>...

Debugger called: <panic>

BackTrace

<bunch of hex numbers>

I will keep experimenting, but I think unless I understand what to do with kext in my DMG, I'm hosed. Hopefully someone can help. I know people have installed on Inspiron 1720 laptop :-(

sorry i forgot it's my mistake ,,Mobile descrete graphics are not supported only integrated intelHD graphics its better to use integrated one 

It is true. I am bald. I have pulled all my hair out. I see a lot of success stories with the 1720 on the web, but all of them start of with a Mac OS to build the installer. I need to get it done using Niresh since I only have windows, and all my friends suck. I mean I don't have a friend who has a Mac.

Can anyone please help. I can't help but feel it is something really stupid. There has to be one person out there who's done this with a 1720 and Niresh. I mean 1720 is all silver, looks like a Mac already, I just need its screen to look like one too "(

Wait a second. You are saying all these guys are smoking something I want?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/184276-osx86-installation-guide-for-dell-inspiron-1720-near-perfect/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/192864-dell-inspiron-1720-vanilla-1062/

http://gotoanswer.stanford.edu/guide_install_mac_os_x_109_mavericks_on_dell_inspiron_1720vostro_1700_with_nvidia_graphics-1373444/

Or are you saying I should remove/disable the nvidia graphics (card?).

Either way, please don't take this the wrong way. I know you are trying to help. However your level of knowledge clearly is leaps and bounds beyond mortals, so when you say a sentence like "Mobile descrete graphics are not supported only integrated intelHD graphics its better to use integrated one", while I do understand what that means all by itself, I don't know what I need to do to solve my problem.

Really appreciate if you can explain

1) Do I need to modify the Niresh DMG and if so how?

2) What set of options together I should try?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

it was not meant for ,,my knowledge is definite about hacklintosh , yes descrete graphics is not supported in OSX only Desktop is supported and  AMD some variant ..Nvidia is not supported due to Optimus ,,

now above links shows they has used older osx version 10.6 ( which i have already suggested you to use those kexts make sure you will use kexts from ML or Lion , SL will cause a issue )

why don't to give a try to natit.kext and Nvenabler.kext report back

but i have not tested any Laptop yet only desktop so may be im wrong

Best of Luck

Regards

Deepak 

now above links shows they has used older osx version 10.6 ( which i have already suggested you to use those kexts make sure you will use kexts from ML or Lion , SL will cause a issue )

Yes sir. How do I do that with NIresh though? Is there a guide for 10.6? The links all require a MAC which I don't have. I'm thinking 10.6 is Snow Leopard and I'm good with that if I can only find a guide for Niresh.

And again, you are telling me to use Kexts. I understand once OS is runnning I can do Multibeast to apply. How do I fix the DMG to include those on the installer itself?

just get kext and install it using kext utility thats it , see the result ( i have not find any distro was good at time of Snow Leo only was iDeneb and you can do it through vanilla method too ..

but hey dont use Multibeats has nothing ,, you can optimise dmg but you can do everything after successful installation

just get kext and install it using kext utility thats it , see the result ( i have not find any distro was good at time of Snow Leo only was iDeneb and you can do it through vanilla method too ..

Sorry if I'm being annoying. Where do I get Kext utility for windows and how to "install it" onto the Niresh Installer?

I got the part about not worrying about Multibeast until after I have OS installed on HD.

listen do a installation select backup or remove garphic kexts in distro 

1 person likes this

All right folks. I'm simply going to move on to Niresh for Yosemite. Do not want to do this twice. I will start another thread for Yosemite for 1720 once I get somewhere.

@griftopia i just want to know if this happeing before the installation

Thank you Niresh! That is EXACTLY what I'm trying to explain. This is happening during FIRST installation. As I indicated in my other post, I have better luck with your Yosemite DMG, but it is still erratic. Yesterday I tried 20 times with same boot options and didn't get to the "Select language Boot screen". Please see below link. It would be great if we can move this conversation to that thread since I think your Yosemite DMG has more "stuff" on it that works better. I have ordered additional RAM since Yosemite needs 4GB.

http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/4932-erratic-results-on-first-yosemite-zone-install-using-niresh-usb/

Thank you very much for replying.