Yosemite only boots in safe mode after installation
7 7

Question

Hello everyone,

I installed OS X Yosemite Zone Successfull and the first boot was successfull but after that it just ends with a kernel panic i fixed the bootloader so i can boot in the system but i can only boot into the system in safemode...

I dont know what i'm doing wrong....

My specs are:
MSI H81-E33
AMD Radeon HD7790 2GB
Intel Core I5
8GB Ram
( If i forget something please tell me and i will change it right away )

some screenshots from the kernel panic:
IMG_0258.jpg IMG_0259.jpg IMG_0260.jpg

Allready thanks for the help!

Greetings,

poonkje112

18 answers to this question

try 

-v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Sorry for the late response,

I'm installing Mac os x yosemite again after that i wil try that right away.

Nope doesn't work and even if i boot in safe-mode the computer freezes and does nothing,
I cant even boot into the OS With the USB are there any more solutions to fix this or did i forgot some add something before installing?

But i'm going to search the previous version because that one does work ( Only in safe mode but that one is the most stable one for my computer )

So after i installed the previous release of yosemite i'm going to try all those boot flags again.

Ok that download is unavalible.... So are there any more sollutions to boot into the OS? ( It's pretty weird because yosemite supports my Graphic card, Motherboard etc. )

The problem right now is:
If i boot in verbose mode with or without boot flags i end up with this:

root device uuid is 'A49DAC88-FFC6-33E3-9F1F-9106F8293327'

If that is being displayed the system reboots 10ms after that ( Pretty quick but i happend to get that on camera so i can read it a bit )

for ATI Graphic Card just use GraphicsEnabler=No it wont work if you use "Yes"
PCIRootUID=1 only for Gigabyte motherboard
i guess your boot-flags should be like this

1st boot use:   /haswell GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -v npci=0x2000

2nd boot use:  -haswell GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -v npci=0x2000

after succes installing Yosemite you must download Chameleon Wizard then set org.Chameleon.Boot with boot=flags you use before

Have you properly shut down your machine? Boot into safemode and shut down your computer at login. Reboot and it should work. (this happens to me.)

1st boot use:   /haswel GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -v npci=0x2000

2nd boot use:  -haswel GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -v npci=0x2000

after succes installing Yosemite you must download Chameleon Wizard then set org.Chameleon.Boot with boot=flags you use before

Well i tried that but it seems it could not find /haswel or /haswell  if i try -haswell or -haswel it just restart again....

Have you properly shut down your machine? Boot into safemode and shut down your computer at login. Reboot and it should work. (this happens to me.)

I wish that could fix the problem but i could not even enter safe mode....

Hello everyone,

I installed OS X Yosemite Zone Successfull and the first boot was successfull but after that it just ends with a kernel panic i fixed the bootloader so i can boot in the system but i can only boot into the system in safemode...

I dont know what i'm doing wrong....

My specs are:

MSI H81-E33

AMD Radeon HD7790 2GB

Intel Core I5

8GB Ram

( If i forget something please tell me and i will change it right away )

some screenshots from the kernel panic:

IMG_0258.jpg IMG_0259.jpg IMG_0260.jpg

Allready thanks for the help!

Greetings,

poonkje112

Hi poonkje, yesterday I just have those problems like you.. and i was frustated :D

My specs MSI Z77MA-G45, i5 3570K, ATI 7950, 8GB RAM and now with Yosemite work without big problems..

If you can go to safe mode, good then.. Just try to boot safe mode, then install kext via Multibeast Yosemite Edition..

At quick start - just go with "Easy Beast"

Then at part audio & network do as your system needs, but don't forget install the most important thing (i think) all FakeSMC plugins,

post-132898-0-32838500-1418064935_thumb.

my configuration, good luck with yours..

I'm in thanks by searching through the forum:

cp -f /Volumes/"Image Volume"/haswell   /Volumes/"Mac"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm
-rf  /Volumes/"Mac"/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -u  /Volumes/"Mac"

Hi poonkje, yesterday I just have those problems like you.. and i was frustated :D

My specs MSI Z77MA-G45, i5 3570K, ATI 7950, 8GB RAM and now with Yosemite work without big problems..

If you can go to safe mode, good then.. Just try to boot safe mode, then install kext via Multibeast Yosemite Edition..

At quick start - just go with "Easy Beast"

Then at part audio & network do as your system needs, but don't forget install the most important thing (i think) all FakeSMC plugins,

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-12-09 at 01.51.37.png

my configuration, good luck with yours..

Well i'm inside the system right now without safe-mode and and will install the kext's with Multibeast.

1st boot use:   /haswel GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -v npci=0x2000

2nd boot use:  -haswel GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -v npci=0x2000

Well i installed the most recent version of Chameleon and that one blocked me out of the system again ( Because it was missing mach kernel or something i could not read it verry well )

But the standard out of the box Chameleon bootloader works fine so can i use this one?

Jaay i fixed it but i'm not there yet....

Now the serious problem comes....

My system only works with the Out of the box Chameleon Standard Bootloader but i want to install Windows 8.1 now and if i do that it will overwrite the bootloader so how am i going to fix this problem??

I think my system normally won't work with the graphical boot loaders ( I'm not sure  i'm searching where to get a non graphical boot loader so i can test it)

Oh yeah and almost forgot if i connect my seccond screen everything turns black and it stays like that.

Sony vaio svf15218sn

installation is complete but can't boot from os plzz give me solution

Sony vaio svf15218sn

at second step use same boot-flag like you use in first boot but you must change like this:

on 1st boot you use: /haswell 

but on 2nd boot use this : -haswell

Sony vaio svf15218sn

Just do what @Naganex said.

If you run into the same problem like me ( That it could not find -haswell ) you have to do this:

1. Boot into your instalation USB

2. Open up terminal

3. In my case i called my partion Mac so i have to enter this:

cp -/Volumes/"Image Volume"/haswell   /Volumes/"Mac"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

rm -rf  /Volumes/"Mac"/System/Library/Caches

kextcache -u  /Volumes/"Mac"

If your partition is named something else just replace mac with your partition name.

4. Boot into your OS with -haswell

and your ready to finish the setup

Ok there are a few problems....

FIrst when i turn on the sound i hear a annoying noise when i play a video on youtube i can hear the video but i also hear that noise...

When i upgrade the hackintosh using the mac app store then i get stuck again in a infinite reboot ( I tried all flags i used before ) so my question about this: Can i actually upgrade the hackintosh using this method or am i not supposed to do that ( I fixed this by reinstalling the OS ).

( Just forget windows i'm not going to install it anymore ) I'm still stuck at a black screen when my second screen is connected how do i fix this ( My first monitor is connected with DVI and second screen is connected using HDMI )

I found the problem with the most recent bootloader of chameleon:
When i try to boot from Chameleon i'm stuck at: Could not find mach_kernel or something.

How do i fix this?

Already thanks for the help!

Ok there are a few problems....

FIrst when i turn on the sound i hear a annoying noise when i play a video on youtube i can hear the video but i also hear that noise...

When i upgrade the hackintosh using the mac app store then i get stuck again in a infinite reboot ( I tried all flags i used before ) so my question about this: Can i actually upgrade the hackintosh using this method or am i not supposed to do that ( I fixed this by reinstalling the OS ).

( Just forget windows i'm not going to install it anymore ) I'm still stuck at a black screen when my second screen is connected how do i fix this ( My first monitor is connected with DVI and second screen is connected using HDMI )

I found the problem with the most recent bootloader of chameleon:

When i try to boot from Chameleon i'm stuck at: Could not find mach_kernel or something.

How do i fix this?

Already thanks for the help!

Try this http://www.hackintosh.zone/file/245-patched-mach-kernel-for-haswell/

hope it work for you

Jaay i fixed it but i'm not there yet....

Now the serious problem comes....

My system only works with the Out of the box Chameleon Standard Bootloader but i want to install Windows 8.1 now and if i do that it will overwrite the bootloader so how am i going to fix this problem??

I think my system normally won't work with the graphical boot loaders ( I'm not sure  i'm searching where to get a non graphical boot loader so i can test it)

Oh yeah and almost forgot if i connect my seccond screen everything turns black and it stays like that.

Install 8.1, boot into it and then turn the machine off. Using the hackintosh boot disk boot into your machine into OSX. Reinstall Chameleon/Chimera using Multibeast.

Install 8.1, boot into it and then turn the machine off. Using the hackintosh boot disk boot into your machine into OSX. Reinstall Chameleon/Chimera using Multibeast.

Thanks!

Almost all problems are fixed,

The last problem is that i want to connect my second screen.

I connect my screen Before i power on my machine, booting no problem but when i come to the login screen everything stays black and i have to hard reset my computer. 

How do i fix this because i don't like to work with just one square screen.... ( Note the screens are different from each other they have a different width and height but the height is not that much of a difference) I connect my second screen using HDMI and my main screen using DVI ( My main screen is working perfectly )

I tried to boot with this bootflag without result: GraphicsMode="1920x1080x32" which i found somewhere on the web.

allready thanks for the help!