1 1

Question

OK, here's my hardware :

1. Mobo : Asus M5A97 r2.0

2. Graphics : AMD Sapphire HD 7850

3. CPU : AMD FX 8320 @ 3.5 GHz

How I installed Yosemite on my hackintosh :

Steps :

- I downloaded Yosemite-Zone.dmg from the downloads section and followed the guide to make a bootable USB

- I googled Bronya AMD Kernel and I found this : http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Patched_Kernels

- I placed the kernels in their files in the bootable USB

- I booted through the USB using each of these kernels. Some additional flags were needed, like npci and GE=no

- I installed Yosemite on a drive

- I replaced the correct kernels in the yosemite drive. Chameleon didn't work correctly because Yosemite stores the kernel files in a different directory in the system. I booted through the install USB's own bootloader. I got way too many errors and some kernel panics.

- I booted with -v -f -x and everything went OK. It booted up perfectly and I was able to transfer my user from Mavericks to Yosemite.

Trying to get it to work on normal mode :

- I booted into mavericks and I ran myHack on the Yosemite installation to fix problematic kexts and run myFix

- I replaced some kexts with the mavericks ones (my Mavericks installation works 100%) :

AppleACPIPlatform.kext
corecrypto.kext
IOACPIFamily.kext
IONDRVSupport.kext
IOPCIFamily.kext
IOUSBFamily.kext

- I booted up using kext-dev-mode=1 (it gave me a kernel panic otherwise)

Where I am now :

It boots up perfectly, shows the home screen with the users etc. but the USB's are ALL not responding to anything. I have tried keyboards, mouse, trackpads and nothing works. They worked OK in safe mode. Somebody please help. I thought that it is because of the kexts dependencies so I thought I should give it some time for other, more experienced, users to try and then follow their instructions. So, I hope this helps! Try it our for yourself maybe and let me know how it went.

P.S. : I tried booting with USBBusFix=yes , still the same. Similar problems occured when I used Clover as a boot loader some time ago. Maybe this is the problem... I think the built in bootloader for Niresh is Clover...

Cheers

2 answers to this question

normaly AMD can´t use clover,.. most of users get a kernel panic or instant reboot,..

my yosemite came with chameleon...

install new with chameleon in setup , unselect clover and test it again.

please report ;)

normaly AMD can´t use clover,.. most of users get a kernel panic or instant reboot,..

my yosemite came with chameleon...

install new with chameleon in setup , unselect clover and test it again.

please report ;)

I have tried running the installation with niresh's Yosemite for AMD but it hangs on "No driver found for platform : ACPI". I will try replacing some kexts and I will report back!

Cheers