[Guide] Installing Niresh Distro In A Pc
5 5

Question

After seeing some user don't know the basic of installing osx into a pc, i'm going to create this, which is almost based on the macbreaker's guide but i'm not going to copy it or steal it.

1. What do we need?

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]A 8GB+ pendrive or a DVD single or dual layer (We will see it later)

[*]A downloaded distro (The download links will be listed after this)

[*]A functional Windows or Mac instalation (To burn or create the dvd)

[*]And, obviously a compatible pc (Check the compatiblity guide)

2. Download a Niresh's distro

[*]

[*]Lion 10.7.3 [AMD/Intel]

[*]Mountain Lion 10.8.0 %5BIntel%5D[iSO/DMG]

[*]Mountain Lion 10.8.2 [AMD/Intel]%5BISO%5D

[*]Mountain Lion 10.8.5 [AMD/Intel]%5BDMG%5D

[*]Mountain Lion 10.8.5 [AMD/Intel]%5BISO%5D

[*]Mavericks 10.9.0 [AMD/Intel]%5BDMG%5D

3. Creating the booteable DVD/USB

If you're in a mac, you can simply right-clic the file, and select burn Region+capture+1.png

And if you're on Windows, you can download Imgburn or just use the image burner that is built-in Windows 7 and Windows 8

But, if you're trying to make a booteable usb, you should follow this guide created by Deepak

4. Set up your pc

Unplug any extra usb connected, except your keyboard and mouse (Ps: You CAN install osx with a external usb disc drive)

Unplug any extra HDD connected, except the one that you will install osx

5. Set up your bios

The BIOS is basically a settings page for your motherboard. To enter the BIOS on my own computer's Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3 motherboard, I have to press the delete key when it boots (before the operating system starts). Different manufacturers set different keys for opening the BIOS.

NOTE: If you have a newer Gigabyte motherboard that uses the UEFI interface instead of BIOS, check out our guide for setting up the UEFI instead.

initial+screen+1.jpg

If your Hackintosh already has Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion installed, the only thing you'll need to change in the BIOS is the "Boot Device", so that your Niresh DVD has highest priority.

If your Hackintosh doesn't have Snow Leopard or Lion installed yet, you have to change a few extra BIOS settings. Before starting, reset all of your BIOS settings to their factory defaults. On Gigabyte motherboards, you can reset your BIOS settings to their default by selecting "Load Optimized Defaults" on the main page of the BIOS. Once your BIOS is running on its defaults, you need to change these three settings:

Boot Device - Change the boot device of your computer so that "CDROM" is first. You need to do this for Niresh to work. After you finish installing Mac OS X, you should change this setting back to default, so that "Hard Disk" is the first boot device (this optional, but it will speed up your boot times).

boot+device.jpg

HPET - Change this to 64-bit.

hpet.JPG

SATA Control Mode (your BIOS might call this a different name) - This will probably already be set to "SATA", "IDE", or "RAID". Change it to "AHCI". Mac OS X only works with AHCI.

ahci.JPG

Keep in mind that the BIOS on most motherboards do not support using a mouse, so you'll probably have to navigate through the BIOS with the arrow keys on your keyboard. Press "Enter" to change a selected option in the BIOS. On my Gigabyte motherboard, I have to press F10 to save my changes.

4. Boot your USB/DVD

We are ready to restart and boot the installer. You should see something like this:

Region+capture+1.png

If you can't reach the screen above, you must check your boot priorities and check if your usb/dvd are not corrupted.

Now, you can press enter and proceed to the installer.

Note for AMD users:If you have and AMD processor, you will need to enter a bootflag. ¿What is a bootflag? A bootflag is a "code/phrase" that must be entered in the black screen in order to make a change. In this case, we're going to change to and AMD Kernel.

You will have to insert the following bootflag depending on your processor (Without the quotation mark)

AMD -> "amd -v"

Atom -> "atom -v"

Fx -> "amdfx -v"

64 -> "amd64 -v"

After loading the apple screen, you will see a screen like this:

Lion+step+2.png

In the worst case scenarios, instead of loading the Mac OS X installer, you may end up at a dark gray screen that tells you to restart your computer (a kernel panic), or you may end up with a small crossed-out sign (a loading error). If you get a kernel panic/loading error (or if the Mac OS X installer simply won't start within 10 minutes), you'll need to enter some boot flags. To enter boot flags, manually restart your computer by pressing your computer's power button. Then, once you've booted back into the Niresh menu, try 

typing any necessary boot flags before pressing the enter/return key. Check out this list of common boot flags for reference ( PCIRootUID=0 and -x are two popular boot flags).

6. Installing the distro

Now you must be in this screen:

Region+capture+5.png

Now, we have to go to Utilities and the open disk utility, where you will select your HDD on the left, and also you will format it in 'Mac Os plus (journaled)

Region+capture+4.png

Note: The maximum size that mac can recognize it's 1TB. So, if you have a 2TB disk, you must create 2 partitions, 1TB each.

After continue with the installation, you will have to customize it: Try to read everything, and don't install anything that you don't know what it is.

Region+capture+6.png

After that, hit install, and wait (:

Region+capture+7.png

After finishing the installation, remove the DVD and boot into the partition. Now you will set up your account. If you couldn't set up your account, try with user: root pass: niresh.

Once again, if you get a kernel panic/loading error when you try to boot your new Mountain Lion installation (or if the installation simply won't start within 10 minutes), you'll need to enter some boot flags. To enter boot flags, manually restart your computer by pressing your computer's power button. Then, once you've booted back into the Niresh menu, try

type any necessary boot flags before pressing the enter/return key. Check out this list of

common boot flags for reference ( PCIRootUID=0 and -x are two popular boot flags).

7. Multibeast

After booting, you will need some more kext, like sound, ethernet, wifi or graphics. So, you will download Multibeast and install it (Note: There's a specific version of mutlibeast for each distro. Mountain lion will use Multibeast 5, and Mavericks will use Multibeast 6)

multibeast+5+main+window.png

That's all. Sorry if there something where i made a mistake. I'm not a native english speaker, and i'm doing my best. I hope we can make this guide bigger. If you want to add something to this guide, please tell me.

And sorry for the lots of 'See image'. The system didn't let me to post too much images ._.

Posted Image

[*]

6 people like this

8 answers to this question

Excellent, but if i want to keep both mac and windows in each HDD, and boot them both at start-up, what can i do ?

thank you.

I followed this guide and successfully installed Hackintosh.

But after installation following things did not worked :

1. Audio

2. Ethernet

3. Wifi

I tried using Multibeast to install drivers for these but after installation when I rebooted the system, OSX crashed and now not booting.

I used Multibeast 6.4.0

For your reference, system specs are :

Asus Z97 Deluxe

32 Gb Corsair Vngenance RAM

500 Gb Seagate HDD

NVidia GTX 650Ti Boost Graphics

I have Lenovo

G580

i3

HD 3000 Intel 

6gb ram 

1tb HDD

HD adiuo Intel

WiFi 802,11 pathos

I get Mac osx 10,9 installed  and it runs gr8 but when I install my kexts ether I get a panic or boots up to Mac then every thing stops working

Need some kexts to any ideas were to get them and sorry for my spelling

If any one can guide me please and thanks

please any one can help..?

is niresh mavericks install on intell board with out ahci option..?

Anybody can help me please, I'm stuck after put boot flag.

ACPI Error (psargs-0464):  [RAMB] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND

Please help me.

IMG_20160914_202214.jpg