Trying to set up Niresh Yosemite on Asus X55A-RBK4
2 2

Question

Hi there!

I'm trying to get the Niresh Distro to work on this laptop (Asus X55A-RBK4). First attempt failed using Clover, I tried using it first since my Bios is UEFI, got a kernel panic at boot screen. Now I'm setting it with Chameleon to see if I get better results, any advice on how to get this working in case Chameleon doesn't works?

5 answers to this question

As far as i know the Chameleon bootloader is the most stable for now.Clover as i checked many people reported issues so if i am not wrong chameleon is your best shot for now.

As far as i know the Chameleon bootloader is the most stable for now.Clover as i checked many people reported issues so if i am not wrong chameleon is your best shot for now.

I had success with chameleon, but, I dont have proper resolution, this machine is Intel HD Graphics, how do I enable my native resolution?

Did u try the customize button before the installation and enabling there your graphics chipset ?? cause maybe there might be a graphics kext missing or needs to be injected manually if i am right.

Did u try the customize button before the installation and enabling there your graphics chipset ?? cause maybe there might be a graphics kext missing or needs to be injected manually if i am right.

I selected the option to inject HD graphics, but nothing happened, cursor is also very buggy and USB slots are not working, I think I will delete this, wanted to give it a try but didn't like this work, going back to vanilla install method.

That's an option too.Basically i believe that this distro is mostly for the AMD users cause the Intel users already got hands on Yosemite through the vanilla install method.