Acer Aspire 5920G Help Please!
3 3

Question

Hello! Im desperatly trying to install Lion/ML/Maverics on my Acer Aspire 5920G

I have Leopard 10.5.8 installed and running quite well. The instalation went fine using GraphicsEnabler=No  (I still cant make it detect my mobility radeon x1600)

I cant install Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks. I use niresh on a usb, but cant replace files on the usb because it tells me that there's no space left after restoration. 

On Lion and Mountain Lion I get to this stage and it hangs (see picture attached)

On Mavericks it just reboots after loading some kexts. I'm using -v -x -f -F GraphicsEnabler=0 in any order and combination.

What am I doing wrong? 

Please help me!

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5750  @ 2.00GHz 44 °C
Merom 65nm Technology
RAM
4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Acer, Inc. Chapala (U2E1) 44 °C
Graphics
Monitor PnP genérico (1280x800@60Hz)
128MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Hard Drives
244GB Hitachi Hitachi HTS542525K9SA00 ATA Device (SATA) 40 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T40N ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Posted Image

8 answers to this question

I've noticed on some videos that just after "PCI configuration end..." the "RTC: single RAM bank (128 bytes)" message should appear, but it just doesn't.

Could the problem be related with that?

i've been able to get mine running on 10.8 last year with iTakos ML2 but thats it now i want to upgrade and i have the same exact problem as you do. If you want ML get iTakos and boot flag -v -x it should boot fine after, btw Wireless didn't work at all for me had to get an atheros wifi card to fix it

hope i can help

Jp

I'm trying to install iAtkos ML2 into an Acer Aspire 5920G (with -v and -x flags) and the installer boots but when I install itit never boots again, it keep frozen with "Smart battery" message (booting with -v flag). Someone knows what installation options must I select to make a good installation for this model? Thanks in advance.

Guys i got a same problem, with lion run anything  except wifi intel…. but no boot with mavericks and yosemite...