10.9.0 Won't Boot, Unless Install Flashdrive Plugged In?

Question

Unless go to my flashdrive and use the boot menu on the flashdrive and select the mac hdd, I cannot boot to my mac. If I unplug the flashdrive, it boots to a black screen and then goes to windows.

8 answers to this question

i've same problem but in my case without usb plugged in its showsmbbot error.and i've to use mavericks bootable usb every time to boot into mac.

Did you try booting Mavericks in safe mode, and installing the bootloader using Multibeast?

I installed a bootloader on normal, I'll try again in safe mode and report back!

I installed a bootloader on normal, I'll try again in safe mode and report back!

Booting in safe mode and installing the bootloader did not help at all. Back to the old grind lol, anyone have any more suggestions???

Whats the partition size on which Mac is installed. when I installed on 1TB partition I had boot0 : error but I reinstalled Mac after partitioning my HDD to 250GB and it works fine.

Whats the partition size on which Mac is installed. when I installed on 1TB partition I had boot0 : error but I reinstalled Mac after partitioning my HDD to 250GB and it works fine.

same as here Boot0 gpt error :( what can we do??/ any help?

My installation is success no Problem and working very smooth.. Here is the step>>

I change only the Boot Loader to Clover then unchecked the 3.0 usb done continue install all finish... :)