ATI Mobility Readon HD 5650
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Hey :),

I installed successfully Niresh 10.8.2 on my Notebook, but I have a lot of problems to get this card working.

I tried many things from other sites, but nothing works.

CPU: AMD Phenom II N930

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333

Graphic: ATI Mobility Readon HD 5650 1GB

It's an Acer Notebook 3 Years & 5 Month old (Acer Aspire 7551G)

I hope you can help :)

Hey :),

I installed successfully Niresh 10.8.2 on my Notebook, but I have a lot of problems to get this card working.

I tried many things from other sites, but nothing works.

CPU: AMD Phenom II N930

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333

Graphic: ATI Mobility Readon HD 5650 1GB

It's an Acer Notebook 3 Years & 5 Month old (Acer Aspire 7551G)

I hope you can help :)

Hi there and welcome to this forum.

Can you boot the system up (in safe mode)?Is there any option in your bios to use your dedicated graphic card and disable the internal graphics (cpu)?

Kind regards

I can boot the system without problems, but my resolution is 1024x768 all all graphics shit is very slow. 

And it's not a built in graphics card. it's on a seperate chip with 1GB own memory

I can boot the system without problems, but my resolution is 1024x768 all all graphics shit is very slow. 

And it's not a built in graphics card. it's on a seperate chip with 1GB own memory

If you are running on 1024x768 and your graphic related activities are going slow, this means your computer uses at that moment the integrated graphics.

What I mean with integrated graphics: A part of your CPU is used to do the graphic rendering. So it act as a internal graphic card.

But in your case you have also a graphic card.

So your computer can use the internal graphics from the CPU or the stronger graphic card.

Most laptops (and I guess yours to) have the feature to switch between the internal graphics (energy saving) for normal use and the stronger graphic card (energy consuming but powerfull) when you are playing games or doing graphic intensive work.

This works good under windows, but this mac distribution has problems because your computer switches between the 2 graphic cards.

Mac os supports a certain amount of hardware which use internal graphics and graphic card switching.

But laptops like yours are not supported to switch between the cards. I know a lot about this because I had the same issue with my previous laptop, and I looked on every forum searching for the answer.

The only solution is to shut off the graphic switching (called Optimus technology with Nvidia cards), or to use a strongly modified kext file.

My laptop didn't had an option to disable the graphic switching. And I looked for ages for a working kext, but I only ended up with hours of wasted time and a computer running mac os in 1024x768.

Maybe someone else has managed to fix this problem, but I haven't fix the problem myself.

I know it's Extremely frustrating... 

Hopefully somebody else on this forum has a fix for this.

Na I still think that's not a problem of the internal graphic thing.

The infos says PCIExpress. In safe mode I have 1024x768 and in normal boot mode I got 1152x864 with a LCD Forced EDID

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 3 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x68c1

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

I found this in my system.log:

Dec  1 01:59:57 localhost kernel[0]: Controller: ATI SB600 (vendor ID: 1002, device ID: 4383)

Dec  1 01:59:57 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.AMDRadeonAccelerator - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Dec  1 01:59:57 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.AMDRadeonAccelerator failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Dec  1 01:59:57 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.AMDRadeonAccelerator (error 0xdc00800e).
Dec  1 01:59:57 localhost kernel[0]: Controller: ATI RV830 (vendor ID: 1002, device ID: aa60)
Dec  1 01:59:57 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AMDRedwoodGraphicsAccelerator"

Ok finally I got my card 'working' on my notebook, but not with 10.8.2 or 5. I installed mavericks with amd kernel, etcBuut my display isn't working:post-17-0-36549100-1386116031_thumb.jpgany idea?vga resolution is not the best but it works with a tvpost-17-0-53383100-1386116420_thumb.jpg

I didn't use Niresh for my Mavericks install.

I used Retail Mavericks with the required Kext like FakeSMC which are needed for a hackintosh and the latest amd kernel.

Mavericks has build in support for the Mobility 5650.

The only problem for is my Internal display. It has a LCVD cable for my 17" display and I guess I have to patch my Framebuffer to work with this connector.

I prefer to use Hoolock because the HDMI port works fine with it. on Eulemur the VGA works without probs.

But I didn't find out what I have to patch

Same here bro ! You can actually use Niresh with the bootflag AtiConfig=Galoga and get full QE/CI on an HDMI display but not on your laptop screen :(

Hi everyone !!!

I've the same graphic card on my Vaio VPCEB1M1E on Niresh 10.9.0 and when i try graphicenabler=yes  i have this screen after apple bootlogo....

Can someone help me?

Sorry for my bad english

post-20862-0-36814300-1393555415_thumb.j

I guess you have a lvds connector too.

This means your Graphics Card is supported, but you have to patch the Framebuffer which you use to match your connector types and the lvds connector thing.

same proble for my ati 4670. if anyone can guide to patch the framebuffer for full qe ci.

@Fabian I finally got the Ati 5650m working with the LVDS ! , I posted my guide here 

@Fabian I finally got the Ati 5650m working with the LVDS ! , I posted my guide here

You used Niresh 10.9 ? or just an own version

@Fabian Niresh 10.9 

a bit late, but nobody answers my other threads.

1. Clover just stuck in a black screen for me

2. Tried it with Chameleon and modify a framebuffer, but after changing just one byte makes the framebuffer crash or failing to load, whatever.