Graphics and Audio issue with ASUS k53-sv on Yosemite
5 5

Question

I installed OSX 10.10 with niresh's YOSEMITE ZONE. I reinstalled many times while trying for audio-video solution with different kexts. I'm using 10.9 without any issue but unable to FIX with OS X 10.10 since last 2 weeks.

Yosemite installs & working fine But I had no luck with GPU and audio kexts and every time I have start it with -f flag otherwise yosemite stuck at Apple logo in the middle. 

ISSUES:

1. My Graphics response is slow & breaking and in system properties shows only 3MB (see attached picture) (I tried many kexts and Chameleon Wizard GPU Settings.
  2. No Audio Device (tried niresh's All in One Audio Solution.mpkg, Multibeast ALC & Universal Kexts).

My Laptop Configuration is as under:

Model: ASUS K53-SV

- CPU ( Intel Core i5 2540M SandyBridge 2,4 Ghz)
- Graphic Card intel HD 3000 (with 2GB nVidia GeForce GT540M)
- MotherBoard Chipset (Intel HM 65)
Audio Card (Chipset Realtek ALCxxx) (but Not sure about sound chip number)

- Rest is working fine

1417270184__graphic_issue_1.jpg

15 answers to this question

1. My Graphics response is slow & breaking and in system properties shows only 3MB (see attached picture) (I tried many kexts and Chameleon Wizard GPU Settings.
  2. No Audio Device (tried niresh's All in One Audio Solution.mpkg, Multibeast ALC & Universal Kexts).

Same here. AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5, motherboard: GIGABYTE 990XA-UD3 (seems like audiocard putted inside motherboard).

at first i have the same issue with GPU. i figured it out all graphic kext extention is not yet install inside /System/Library/Extension/. and then i manualy install (in my case Amd GPU) amd gpu kext using Kext wizard. rebuild permission/cache, reboot. and GPU working.

ps: i've backup all gpu kext during installation costumization. and all the backup kext are in your Mac hdd name /Backup

1 person likes this

amd gpu kext using Kext wizard.

Please can you post the name of AMD gpu kext you install and where you download Kext Wizard for Yosemite 10.10?

Please can you post the name of AMD gpu kext you install and where you download Kext Wizard for Yosemite 10.10?

i didnt choose any particular kext, i just install all amd gpu kext that provide inside /Backup/Graphics-Kexts/ATI/ select all and then drag and drop into kext wizard .anyway kext wizard is pre-installed as usual. just need to type in spotlight you will found it, double click on it.

1 person likes this

/Gpu-backup/amd gpu/

It's on your Mac? I can't find this folder on my Mac...

If it no so hard to you can you upload these files on dropbox or another web-site and post link here to download? :)

ps: i've backup all gpu kext during installation costumization. and all the backup kext are in your Mac hdd name Graphic backup.

Also I'm do this during installation, but I can't find "Graphic backup" folder on my Mac... Only /Backup/Graphics-Kexts/ATI/ (but they is empty).

Also I'm do this during installation, but I can't find "Graphic backup" folder on my Mac... Only /Backup/Graphics-Kexts/ATI/ (but they is empty).

god, sorry for the wrong type folder name. and yes the folder that you telling is right. um, no idea why it is empty,hidden maybe?. but here some link that can help you manually backup all gpu kext again. http://www.hackintosh.zone/hackintosh/articles/how-to/fix-grey-screen-black-screen-mac-os-x-installation-hackintosh/.

I'm backed up my ATI kexts and install it with Kext Wizard. After rebooting I can see only grey screen and my mouse (with "loading" animation) but it stop lag (my mouse moves normally)...

I'm backed up my ATI kexts and install it with Kext Wizard. After rebooting I can see only grey screen and my mouse (with "loading" animation) but it stop lag (my mouse moves normally)...

i figured it out that, we should install the .plugin and .bundle file also. and Graphic should be fully working. also if you see another "Kext" folder inside /Backup it also had kext that still not been install inside /s/l/e. 

I'm install all files placed in /Backup/Graphics-Kexts/ATI/ with Kext Wizard...

Facing the same problem till now no solution. Tried this method also but no success.. Can anybody help...

May be all issues solve with new DMG. So I'm downloading latest niresh yosemite. 

Regards

Bk kalia

All is well now with Yosemite:

Yesterday I installed new Yosemite Zone (uploaded 3-4 days back) with default options, now My Yosemite is working fine with nice graphics and audio on Asus K53-SV Laptop. I just installed ethernet, wifi and rehab battery kext additionally. 

Rest is fine.

Bk Kalia

New Delhi

India

Linkedin: bkkalia

Hi,

i run into same problem after installing Yosemite Zone.

I have a laptop, Asus N53S with intel i5, optimus technology with nvidia 550M + Intel hd 3000. It worked with mavericks, intel hd 3000 showed 512 MB Ram.

After installation of Yosemite Zone, the only way to start OSX was with -s flag, fsck -fy, mount -uw/, grafix backup all, but intel hd 3000 shows only 3 MB of Ram with 1024x768 resolution.

I have tried with -x and other flags but none worked. Restoring intel hd 3000 kexts folder doesn't do anything good.

The only thing i could do was to modify resolution in org.chameleon.boot.plist from 1024x768x32 to 1920x1080x32, after that ram memory increased from 3 MB to 7 MB.

How can i install intel hd3000 kexts with 512 MB ?

PS: i've even  tried default installation options with latest Yosemite Zone.dmg

Hi,

i run into same problem after installing Yosemite Zone.

I have a laptop, Asus N53S with intel i5, optimus technology with nvidia 550M + Intel hd 3000. It worked with mavericks, intel hd 3000 showed 512 MB Ram.

After installation of Yosemite Zone, the only way to start OSX was with -s flag, fsck -fy, mount -uw/, grafix backup all, but intel hd 3000 shows only 3 MB of Ram with 1024x768 resolution.

I have tried with -x and other flags but none worked. Restoring intel hd 3000 kexts folder doesn't do anything good.

The only thing i could do was to modify resolution in org.chameleon.boot.plist from 1024x768x32 to 1920x1080x32, after that ram memory increased from 3 MB to 7 MB.

How can i install intel hd3000 kexts with 512 MB ?

PS: i've even  tried default installation options with latest Yosemite Zone.dmg

might be should looking for intel hd 3000 that work with yosemite if the pre build kext isnt working and niresh hasnt add yet.