Mavericks works on my AMD A-4 6300 with nvidia quadro 570
1 1

Just a heads up for those who are installing osx Mavericks on a desktop, buy an external graphic from nvidia and avoid AMD graphic card(AMD cards work but hard to get drivers or search before hand for graphic card).Preferrably nvidia GT210 as base. I had tried installing on X1950 but it is unsupported and has created a great problem for my motherboard.Also any processor would work so long as external graphic card is compatible(though latest one would do for intel and for Amd as well). Avoid left over machine parts, you have in your house as you might end up spending alot of time it like I did before finally giving up.I have tried Mountain lion and Mavericks on AMD with nvidia and it works out of the box.As for drivers multibeast or Mac Poison can do the rest of the work.Now I have uninstalled because i dont have any new applications compared to windows one.Once I have downloaded them i might make OSX exclusive machine.

I actually downladed Maverick OSX Vanilla 10.9.0 and used Nireshs Macpwn from this site to make bootloader. Still waiting for Yosemite Macpwn stability with AMD support.No need to add extra Kexts for Mavericks as Macpwn adds it.Just for Extra Kernel I added AMD, AMD64 and AMDFX.It also installed very quickly.

Also I have come to realise AMD with dual graphics will not let me install Mavericks on Laptop.Even the Bios is locked and I cant do much with it.Avoid AMD Dual graphics as well.There is a success rate of only 10%.When I say Amd processor I mean APU's not FX .But i did not buy it for OS X though.

Use a processor which is Intel or AMD Fx bought in 2010 so that you can enjoy OSX with Mavericks and avoid AMD graphic whether laptop unless Apple has the same graphic card in their product list.Which seriously I can't say much.

1 person likes this

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet