Reboot after trying to boot OSX
14 14

Question

I tried to combine a lot of flags and nothing works (-f, -x, -v, GraphicsEnabler=no, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, PCIRootUID=1). It's just rebooted after reading kexts...

Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990XA-UD3

CPU: AMD FX8350 4.0GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon 280X 3GB

Ram:  8GB
Also Installer was worked in 10-15FPS...

54 answers to this question

Here is a solution
First you must run Hackintosh installer and run a terminal from it.
Next:

cd to /Volumes/ (for me: cd ../../../../Volumes ("../" can be more or less, just run "ls" after changing current dir to check is there "Volumes/" folder)
cp -f Yosemite Installer(your usb drive)/amdfx(or amd, amd64, amd32) Mac(where you install Hackintosh)/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm -rf Mac/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -u Mac

I test it now and this works.

1 person likes this

Did somebody try to install Yosemite on FX processors with /amd, /amd1, /amd2, /amd32 or /amd64 kernels?

I can cut a frame from the video that I was taken before restart.
At the end it said "No SMBIOS replacement found"

post-140959-0-44171500-1417383144_thumb.

got instant reboot after instalation also when using installation usb stick to boot

if i use chamaleon from mavericks installed i got "mach_kernel" not found

Samething happened. PC reboot right after press Enter.

GPU : AMD Radeon HD 6670

MOBO : ASUS A Series (A55 i guess)

CPU : AMD A8

SATA : AHCI

PCIRootUID=0/1 not working

GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No nw

IGPEnabler=Yes/No nw

npci=0x2000/3000 nw

Graphics mode = ****x***x** nw

Backup all gpu kext = nw

-v -x -s nw

EDIT : saw this update by Niresh. but seems i so noob. my cpu is AMD A8 5600k chip. which is not haswell microarchitecture. what name should i add in code

cp -f /Volumes/"Image Volumes"/haswell <---

Screenshot_from_2014_12_01_20_53_13.png

1 person likes this

just add amd64 there....i had the same problem....when installation ends and the auto countdown timet for restart begins immediately select terminal frm the context menu...and type them...dnt change "image volume"...jst the one for ur drive name in quotes and the kernel name...fr me it was amd64...fr u also its amd64...and dnt frget to disable C1E in advanced cpu options if u have them.

1 person likes this

just add amd64 there....i had the same problem....when installation ends and the auto countdown timet for restart begins immediately select terminal frm the context menu...and type them...dnt change "image volume"...jst the one for ur drive name in quotes and the kernel name...fr me it was amd64...fr u also its amd64...and dnt frget to disable C1E in advanced cpu options if u have them.

thanks arny. may i know your cpu?

how about the code : /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel <-- what kernel should we add here.

EDIT : nevermind i think i figured it out. correct me if im wrong.

My installation volume : Mac

Kernel : amd64

cp -f /Volumes/"Mac"/amd64    /Volumes/"Mac"/System/Library/Kernels/amd64 <-- is that right?

@Defman This is complicated for me lol, can you just write that what i exactly need to type? Tried like 50 ways, still not solved. Niresh updated the article,  it says that:

cp -f /Volumes/"Image Volume"/haswell /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm
-rf /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -u /Volumes/"Mac OS"

I used "/amd" for installation, and OS X Yosemite is the name of the formated SSD, so in my case i need to type that?

cp -/Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm 
-rf /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -/Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"

Or what, i tried like every possible way, except yours, since i can't figure out what to type.

cp -f /Volumes/"Your USB Drive"/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm -rf /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -u /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"

Something like it.

Can you type "ls /Volumes/" and post output here?

One second, and i will do it. Also, what "Your USB Drive" means? "Yosemite Zone" (the name of the USB, at least what windows says for it) or "E:" or what?

Image Volume OS X Yosemite

If it's a:

• Image Volume
  • OS X Yosemite

Try this:

cp -f /Volumes/Image Volume/amd /Volumes/OS X Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm -rf  /Volumes/OS X Yosemite/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -u  /Volumes/OS X Yosemite/

Ey guys. If you have a volume which has a space in the name like Mac Os you have to use "" in the code. Also you dont have to use your usb name, but use "Image Volume". It worked for me. Sorry for my terrible english

2 people like this