Ethernet and sound doesn't work on GIGABYTE 990XA-UD3
2 2

Question

Ethernet just doens't work (I can't add new PPPoE connection because I can't choose any Ethernet card). Sound - VoodooHDA says that "no voodoohda devices detected".

6 answers to this question

I'm download "All in one ethernet solution" from this site and all works fine. Sound also worked (but I don't know how I'm make it works xD)

1 person likes this

run DPCIManager (Download it somewhere) know your ethernet driver chipset. google and download the update Kext driver that work with Yosemite 10.10.

1 person likes this

Ethernet just doens't work (I can't add new PPPoE connection because I can't choose any Ethernet card). Sound - VoodooHDA says that "no voodoohda devices detected".

Your ethernet is based on a very common “Realtek RTL8111E” chip and this should work out of the box, the audio is also based on a very common chip the Realtek ALC889. Both these features should work out of the box if the installation is good and that you can boot your system “normally” normally meaning not in “Safe mode”. Safe mode is with  -x boot flag.

Now, it has been common that sound is distorted in Mac OS X at least in prior versions (I have tried most of them on a AMD pc) but you will for sure get reasonably fast system when you have finished yours.

To install drivers for both the audio and the network you can download “Mutlibeast” note for the same version of OS X (I take it that you have Yosemite) but, in many cases working solutions/drivers also come from older versions (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion) of Mac OS X.

Your ethernet is based on a very common “Realtek RTL8111E” chip and this should work out of the box, the audio is also based on a very common chip the Realtek ALC889. Both these features should work out of the box if the installation is good and that you can boot your system “normally” normally meaning not in “Safe mode”. Safe mode is with  -x boot flag.

Now, it has been common that sound is distorted in Mac OS X at least in prior versions (I have tried most of them on a AMD pc) but you will for sure get reasonably fast system when you have finished yours.

To install drivers for both the audio and the network you can download “Mutlibeast” note for the same version of OS X (I take it that you have Yosemite) but, in many cases working solutions/drivers also come from older versions (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion) of Mac OS X.

It boot normally but with 3MB VRAM... I'm tried to install AMD GPU kexts from /Backup/Graphics Kexts/ATI/ and it was not booted without "safe mode".

It boot normally but with 3MB VRAM... I'm tried to install AMD GPU kexts from /Backup/Graphics Kexts/ATI/ and it was not booted without "safe mode".

What graphics card do you have Defman?