WONT BOOT WITHOUT USB STICK
2 2

Question

Hi I'm not able to boot without the usb device that I used to install yosemite.. tried latest chameleon.. clover.. nothing seem to work.. they just keep on restarting.. if I use the USB disk Im able to log into the OS.. please help..

5 answers to this question

Try reinstalling. this time choose bootloader chameleon EFI not chameleon standard. work for me.

Try reinstalling. this time choose bootloader chameleon EFI not chameleon standard. work for me.

should I have to re install for that?? I can simply try installing with chameleon boot loader right??

should I have to re install for that?? I can simply try installing with chameleon boot loader right??

should be. never use it tho. so no idea the setup for EFI.

....Had exactly the same problem - i was able to boot ONLY if i was using USB stick .  

I managed to solve it , by reinstalling and selecting EFI bootloader ( Chameleon ) .  That happens if you have ONE disk with two partitions........

....Had exactly the same problem - i was able to boot ONLY if i was using USB stick .  

I managed to solve it , by reinstalling and selecting EFI bootloader ( Chameleon ) .  That happens if you have ONE disk with two partitions........

exactly. otherwise EFI also help some asus mobo and some amd GPU issue.