VirtualBox Yosemite install stuck at 2 minutes left
36 36

Question

Hello everyone!

It's my 5th time trying to install osx on a pc and never managed to do so on my actual pc.

I'm trying to install yosemite from yosemite zone iso on virtualbox and for the 3rd time i get stuck at 2 minutes left with hdd icon lightning up from time to time and nothing else happends.

Any ideeas? I've runned the install with -v and the 0x2000 thing and same thing happends.

My actual configuration isn't relevant since it's a virtual machine right? I've passed 4cpu's to the vm and 8gb out if that's relevant and i had to uncheck efi mode to be able to boot from the iso.

Thank you!

101 answers to this question

After Inatallation halt at "Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD" reboot the system.

Start the system from harddrive installed yosemite not from image with -s flag for single user mode.

Go to the /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD directoty and execute the ./postinstall script

Exit after completed and wait for login screen and login using root/niresh .

1 person likes this

I think I have found a fix for the problem.

Ok, when it is stuck press the Host key (default is Right Ctrl) + R

This will bring up the reset option.

Click 'Reset'

Ok now boot into the hard disk that you installed yosemite on.

It should load!

This worked for me!

I've edited this and I am sorry that this didn't work for everyone. I will try and find a way to fix it ASAP!

Here's how to get past VM Swap Subsystem is ON. CONFIRMED WORKING LATEST VERSION WITH ISO.

SOLUTION: Run VBoxManage modifyvm "name" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff and boot the VM with -x -v AFTER INSTALL. Set it up, wait for the Hackintosh Config thing to finsh, and you're good to go.

Remember to do this AFTER you get stuck at 2 mins. The OS has actually finshed installing, but it stalls for some reason.

Thanks to Tan ZiGanG and Tech Reviews for finding this. Props to them.

I can also conform that it 100% works after you fully set it up.

Edited by william3412

Same for me. What I did is:

1. Create a new VM.
  2. Execute: VBoxManage modifyvm "OS X Yosemite" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff  (after placing it in the VBox folder: cd C:Program FilesOracleVirtualBox)
  3. Add the .iso file to the VM, disabled the checkmark on Enable EFI and started the VM.
  4. Enter in Yosemite Zone.iso, with no flags. Create a partition in Disk Utility and install Yosemite.
  5. Installation gets stuck at 2 minutes before finishing, as always.
  6. Reboot the VM and enter in the partition that was created before, this time using -v -x flags.
  7. Does not work and gets stuck on the line: [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

Hope someone finds a solution to this. I keep looking and investigating, with no success  :mellow:

Exactly the same for me :(

1 person likes this

Keep in mind that the installation remains half an hour when "2 minutes left" message appears.

Watch the activity leds in botton-right corner of virtualbox. They should blink....

Hi Simadri,

Not sure how I got it to work, but your post helped!  I have tried a few other things now.  I believe, and I will create another virtual machine and try again later, that I installed with "/amdfx -v -s -x" then I let it go.  Once it hung on the postinstall script I sent a shutdown command from the apple menu.  Kernel eventually panicked.  Reset computer, booted to new install with "-s -x -v".  

Got into a root command shell.  Did the fsck and remounted "/" RW.  Followed the MOTD or whatever it is in OSX/FreeBSD.  

Then I went and ran the postinstall script.  exited the root shell, waited, waited, and blam it looks like it is working!  

When I get a chance, I will try another install and document what I did to make it work.  Thanks to everyone!  Pretty excited to finally be able to play with a Mac.  :)

There were a lot of other attempts, but I am pretty sure this is the one that worked.  I'll post again when I have a formula that works repeatedly.

1 person likes this

45 minutes already :(

If relevant, i5 3570k, 16gb DDR3 1800, Gtx 680, Asrock Extreme 4.

when i had to installed mavericks on virtualbox, the size of the virtual hard disk had to be 40 gb otherwise it was not installing

mine was set on dynamic with maximum 60gb. I'm trying with vmware 10 now. maybe will work better. 

12.22am already. Trying to get this running from 14 pm. Still nothing. I'm about to quit :|

1 person likes this

try to adjust it to 40 gb

did you ever install mavericks on virtualbox before?

try to adjust it to 40 gb

did you ever install mavericks on virtualbox before?

I managed to finally make it run on vmware, very slow but it worked. Now, after first install, i get stuck after logging in with the rainbow pointer. It's not stuck, i have the message that says "the pc was shut down because of a problem, open or cancel but i can't click nothing. Dunno why.

And i installed with the zone.iso file on vmware, now i'm trying to create a real usb drive from the dmg file, any tutorial that can help me with it? Thank you!

I managed to finally make it run on vmware, very slow but it worked. 

How?

Mine is stuck at 2min also.  4gb ram + 40gb HD.

I am also getting stuck at the 2 mins remaining portion of the install. I have with both a 20GB and 40GB virtual drive, same thing. The VIrtualBox .vdi file only ever gets to be 8.36GB and stops growing there.

I am following the tutorial from macbreaker: http://www.macbreaker.com/2014/05/os-x-mavericks-in-virtualbox-with-niresh.html

I did manage to install Yosemite using a the dmg file off a USB drive yesterday on the same PC, that all ran smoothly, but I wanted to give VM a shot and am not having luck.

My config is a i5 4670K, 16GB of RAM, GTX 770, on an ASUS Z87 Pro board.

The VIrtualBox .vdi file only ever gets to be 8.36GB and stops growing there.

Mine stopped at 8,970,567,680 bytes.   I clicked inside the virtualbox and the black arrow turned into a spinning rainbow.  

I am using the same guide as you.  No surprise we get the same results.

Edit:  when creating the virtual machine i used "Mac OS X (64 Bit)" as the version.  (i.e., I did not pick the Mavericks option)

i got this problem too..stuck at 2 minutes left....after 4 hours still nothing....anyone solve the problem?

post-135943-0-92326000-1417529343_thumb.

What VirtualBox is everyone using?   Maybe that matters?   I am on 4.3.20.  

I've seen youtube videos of niresh running on 4.3.18 though.

I am having the same issue, stuck with 2 minutes remaining, and i am running on vmware esxi 5.5

I turned on logging and the install gets stuck after a bunch of lines that say:

PackageKit: Executing script "./postinstall" in /Volumes/MachineName/.OSInstallSandboxPath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zon..."

The ends of these lines run off screen so I can't see the rest

EPsrYZU.png

I cheated and used a .VDI from a youtube tutorial.  It will run if you boot using the "-x" (safe mode) flag but otherwise will hang while booting after the 1st boot.

I suspect this .ISO isn't yet ready to be used on virtualbox- might need a few more tweaks.

I got the same problems while trying to install it on my amd pc too, the installation stopped