HP Pavilion 15 G6 Laptop 90% functional
2 2

Hello to the awesome people of Niresh! :)

PC Specs:

Hewlett-Packard Pavilion 15 Notebook PC G6U14UA

Windows 8.1/Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.0 (Niresh)

ACPI x64-based PC

750 GB Hard Drive

Intel Quad Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz - 2.40GHz

IntelHD 4400 integrated graphics

Realtek HDA with Beats Audio

Wifi/Bluetooth Specs: (main issue of this thread)

Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Broadcom 43142 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (not sure if important)

Keyboard: Standard PS/2 Keyboard

Touchpad: Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

So before I get started, I just wanted to say Thank you for your hard work on developing this, I will donate sometime when I have money haha :D

Installation method

Bios info (roughly):

Virtualization Enabled (Ran Mavericks in VirtualBox for a while, Runs Cleanly)

Legacy mode on

uses UEFI for windows 8.1 boot

I installed Niresh Mavericks via USB to a 150 GB partition on my Harddrive, installed Great! One thing I should note is that I had to use Bootflags "amd64 -v" to boot up into the installer which I found odd because I am running an Intel-based system, also I had a very touchy touch pad. After I Had installed I had to go into my Boot order (or press f9) and select Laptop Hard drive (not UEFI Laptop Hard drive) to boot into The Chameleon Bootloader, Windows Boot doesn't work (no big issue for me, I just boot into UEFI Laptop Hard Drive and bypass Chameleon for windows). First boot was done with the bootflags "-x -v" Setup the OS. Once done I had no "clicking/tapping" from mouse, even though it moved (easy fix, used USB mouse and enabled "clicking" in trackpad settings in system preferences, was able to 'tap' to click). I rebooted without '-x' and had the Legendary Bluetooth freeze (Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!), I then rebooted into single user mode (-s) and typed in the commands to delete the Kexts, IntelHD* and IntelF* (will post instructions for people using this as reference at bottom of post). Booted up Great after that, audio was fixed via MacPoison, I installed VoodooHDA Kext and one of the patches (can't remember which one because I was using trial and error method, sorry readers :()

But My main issue is the Wifi Adapter I am using, I don't really care about the Ethernet, I want to get the Wifi working, I have tried the main three post install tools, MacPois0n, Slytherin and even MultiBeast. I have even tried the All In One Ethernet/wireless solution, and the 80211 kext with no avail, Wifi injecter on MacPois0n doesn't install and I can't find a DSDT patch, kext or workaround for it anywhere. Mac OS doesn't even detect anything like the ethernet and wifi.

I don't usually ask for help, but I'm kinda desperate for Wifi and my last resort is to get a USB WiFi stick, So if there's anybody out there that knows of a solution, workaround, DSDT Patch, Kext or even can make one, that would be most Helpful

And to give Back, I'll even create and upload two detailed "how to" Word documents and .txt files explaining how I was able to dual boot and get Niresh Completely running and functional with the HP Envy 15 and HP Pavilion 15 G6 Notebooks

Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport! freeze Fix

Bootflag -s

wait till it says root# and/or you can type text

Then Type:  mount -uw /

Press Enter
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions

Press Enter
Type : mkdir intel_back

Press Enter
Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/

Press Enter (wait a couple secs after)
Type:  touch ../ExtensionsReboot -v