Graphics glitches and fonts in Chrome messed up on AMD + NVIDIA
5 5

Question

Hi,

I have managed to install OS X Yosemite on an AMD + NVIDIA platform, everything else should be working fine except some graphics glitches.

The problem is that it seems that the system would add an overlay to the graphics that it processes in the background.

• login screen should have a dimmed wallpaper, but on my computer the login screen is with a red overlay.

post-123152-0-84124000-1417602768_thumb.

• when I used command + shift + 3 or 4 to capture the screen, the resulting image file is with a blue overlay.

post-123152-0-39033300-1417602624_thumb.

Also, font rendering does not work well in Chrome and Safari (it seems all Webkit browsers are affected), but Firefox is rendering the fonts correctly.

I forgot to make a screenshot of this, but the one in the following post shows the same situation, but in my case the messed up fonts are in both Chrome and Safari.

I tried to disable font smoothing in system preferences, but it didn't help

http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/3588-my-font-in-safari-is-messed-up/

Specifications of my machine:

• AMD Phenom II X3 710
  • Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX (Chipset: AMD 760G / SB710)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT630 

Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

I have the same problem with the login screen and all my screenshots are just a white image.

Specifications:

• AMD Phenom II X4 840
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-770T-D3L (Chipset: AMD 770 / SB710)
  • NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT

Thanks.

I've been having the same issues on my system. I'm new to this and i've looked everywhere but can't seem to figure out the problem.

I also have a lot of trouble with many websites showing blurry fonts, making it impossible to read. I can post pics, but not sure how to do so on here.

Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS F1A55-M AMD A55 Chipset

Processor: AMD A6-3670

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650

I have been looking at other hackintosh forums and found out that the cause of such problems lies inside the kernel.

Since the vanilla kernel of OS X only supports Intel CPUs, the AMD kernels the we having been using are contributed by voluntary developers, and as end-users what we could do is probably wait for new AMD kernels which would address such problems.

I tried different kernels that say they fix those problems, but nothing changes.

Hope we will have a better AMD kernel soon.

Same to me.. i tried to include my ID CARD for HD5670 but dont works. 

issues:
Red screen at login | fonts working bad | jpg and other pics having graphics glitches | printscrn is blue |HDMI screen is black if DVI screen isnt plugged together  -- Specs in my signature

Just wait for a stable kernel for AMD processors and all the problems will be solved, hopefully.

I'll reply here if i find something.