Booting Problem in Hp Laptop
4 4

Question

Whenever I try to install Yosemite from USB disk it just shows Mac Logo and then restarts immediately. I have tried the "/hp" solution but it didn't work. I know there is another solution on the site but I can't figure it out. The Solution is

There is a possibility of Instant reboot for custom kernel users as the kernel may not install automatically

to fix it after Installation Do Not Reboot Open Terminal
I assume that the kernel you used as haswell and The Installation Volume where you installed Mac as "Mac OS"
(Replace following code variables with appropriate kernel and volume name)
cp -f /Volumes/"Image Volume"/haswell /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm
-rf /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -u /Volumes/"Mac OS"

Can anyone tell me what to type in the "Image Volume" and the "Mac Os" Volume. 

Assume the USB i have written the Mac to is "I" Drive and the partition I want to install the Mac into is "G"

Thanxxx

12 answers to this question

hiii prajjwaldimri

i think these commands has to be used after the installation.I installed it successfully but ended up with scrambled login screen.

create a Chameleon usb boot loader and  try booting from it.

1 person likes this

that commands only use after your installation is done and your pc reboot right after trying to boot into your mac. not during the time you want to boot into installation process.

before you start to boot for installation, try this command :

/hp npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 if that doesnt work try PCIRootUID=0 or just use /hp npci=0x2000 or 0x3000 lets see which 1 is working.

1 person likes this

Thanxxx for the reply guys. I have tried the solutions given by @ above but it still instantly restarts after showing the mac logo. My laptop's model no. Is HP pavilion p073tx.

My Configuration:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2594 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.12, 8/18/2014
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 77.38
BIOS Mode UEFI
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
System Directory C:WINDOWSsystem32
Boot Device DeviceHarddiskVolume2
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.3.9600.17196"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

prajjwaldimri    try booting with bootdisk utility it worked for me my laptop model is hp dm4.

I updated my BIOS today and now it is only showing a cursor on the screen. No bootloader no nothing :(

bootdisk utility is to make a usb boot loader .i to faced that problem and luckly using bootdisk utility solved it.just give it a try .

i used two pendrives

1.with clover bootloader done with BootDiskUtility http://www.hackintosh.zone/file/119-bootdiskutility-v202014/

2.Used Transmac to restore Yosmite Zone .dmg to another pendrive.

3.Had some graphics scrambled problem solved with clover boot loader make before.so i installed clover efi bootloader now working fine with some curser lag.

4.after i had audio and Ethernet problem downloaded kents and installed them(Audio working but problem with Audio keys nothing works to increas or decrease the volume)

finally had working Yousemite with some problems. This worked for me try urs.

hey guys,  the same problem happens with me and when i try to use /hp it sayS "cant find /hp" please help me 

Plug a mouse into USB slot. Its work with my HP 2530p, when power button animation is the error message.

No any other flags needed. Installer made by tonymacx86 method.

Sorry for my english.

Edited by keses