Will My System Run Yosemite?
2 2

Question

Hi,

I have an Zoostorm Desktop PC with the following specs:

• Motherboard A55MX
  • BIOS American Megatrends Inc Version B73F1P02
  • AMD A8-3870 3GHz Quad Core Processor with built in AMD Radeon 6550D graphics
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • 320GB system HD with 1TB extra hard drive.
  • 2GB AMD Radeon HD6670 Graphic Card
I would like to try the MAC OSX on this machine but I am not sure if my system comes under the compatibility. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance. :):)

15 answers to this question

I have tried to install the Yosemite on my machine by following all the steps. I am stuck at the current position for the past 20mins and it's not going anywhere. Please see the attached file. Any help would be appreciated.

307x8ud.jpg

maybe i´m blind, what for attached files did you mean !?

Sorry, I was unable to upload the photo because of the size limit. All sorted now.

try with /amd*whatever* npci=0x2000 -v

if it hang up again /amd*whatever* npci=0x3000 -v

Hi,

Following your steps I have managed to install Yosemite this far. Please see the image. Now, as soon as I press enter, the computer restarts. Any reason why?25gzd4j.jpg

Hi,

Following your steps I have managed to install Yosemite this far. Please see the image. Now, as soon as I press enter, the computer restarts. Any reason why?

did you after install finished, restart the installer usb stick and move the kernel ?? 

don´t think so ;) 

open terminal from installer usb

enter: 

ls /Volumes  will show you name of devices 

cp -/Volumes/"Image Volume"/amd64 /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

rm -rf /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Caches

kextcache -/Volumes/"Mac OS"

Image Volume is the Volume that the Stick have for me 

/amd64 is the kernel that we used to copy into kernel folder

Mac OS is the name you have installed your Hackintosh System for me personal OSX  :)

did you after install finished, restart the installer usb stick and move the kernel ??

don´t think so ;)

Sorry, I am lost. Do I have to move the kernels before the installation or after?

How do you open the terminal? I can see terminal in utility Menu? Is this the one?

after install and yes the terminal next to hdd format etc

As soon the installation finishes my computer restarts. Is there anyway to stop it from restarting?

no, the restart is normal,.. after restart , boot again the installer with the same flag for install and then start the terminal

Okay, I open the terminal and follow all the commands mentioned above. Below is the photo showing commands I used. Let me know if I doing it this the right way.347bhg1.jpg

What should I do next after all the commands? I did close the terminal and restarted the pc and try to run the maxosx, which is already installed on my hard drive. I used the same boot flags which I used in the installer. And the following error comes up.2ex4nkh.jpg And if I just press enter on the mac osx hard drive. My pc restart

ls /Volumes  will show you name of devices 

cp -/Volumes/"Image Volume"/amd64 /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

rm -rf /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Caches

kextcache -/Volumes/"Mac OS"

Image Volume is the Volume that the Stick have for me 

/amd64 is the kernel that we used to copy into kernel folder

Mac OS is the name you have installed your Hackintosh System for me personal OSX  :)

You are not typing in the commands correctly. Look at the spaces closely, in the commands you typed in they were often missing which caused errors.

Additionally in your cp  command you used "yosemite" where you should have used "Image Volume". As you can see from the ls /Volumes command there is nothing named Yosemite.

So basically, your copy command failed because you used the the wrong volume name and did not put a space between the two file paths.

Your remove command failed because you did not put a space between -rf and the file path to remove.

The kextcache command initially failed because you did not put a space between the -u flag the file path. Eventually you fixed the spacing issue but you also  changed the file path which you should not have done.

Hope this helps, good luck!

1 person likes this

he is right,.. you did not correct entered those lines.. after kextcache... end ! ! ! enter no fail or error etc.... reboot and boot normaly with -v 

After following all the commands my hard drive does not show up anymore. The other two hard drives are showing up normally. I decided to change the ports on the motherboard but it is still doing the same. Please help me out. I have been trying to install this for the past two weeks but no success so far.