Black Screen after Installation - Already Tried "Grafix"
2 2

Question

Specs:

AMD FX 6100 Processor

AMD Radeon HD 6570 Graphics

Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 Motherboard

The Problem:

After installing Yosemite (Using only /amdfx, npci=0x3000, and -v as boot flags) I get a black screen.

How I've tried fixing it:

I've attempted using the "grafix" Fix on the main forum ( http://hackintosh.zo...ion-hackintosh/ ), But ended up making the whole situation worse.

Now, when i try booting into Yosemite, no matter what I do, I always end up getting stuck at a Yosemite Wallpaper screen, blurred out, then it crashes after about a minute.

I've tried using -x (safe mode), -v (verbose), npci=0x3000 (and 2000), and many others, with no luck.

Keep in mind that it only started crashing on me after I ran the commands as stated on the "Grafix" article. Before that, I was more than likely into Yosemite, Just no working picture on the Monitor.

Please help. I'm not an absolute noob at this, nor am I any expert!

ANY and ALL suggestions will be helpful!

I've attached an image that looks like the one i get right before i get the inevitable crash. The only difference is that there's no Yosemite logo on it.

Attached Thumbnails

post-71916-0-27226300-1417831580_thumb.j

5 answers to this question

Update: I have gotten it somewhat working. Now, i'm able to boot into Yosemite... but the loading bar gets stuck half way. I used Verbose to find the problem and it turns out that i'm getting "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" Again.

I have almost your configuration, same graphic card and amd 4100 fx.

I believe we need proper kexts for the graphic card. Have you found a solution?

Yes, I had found a fix. There was a new version of the Yosemite installation that Niresh had updated to, and that seemed to work beautifully (using the /amd1 Kernel). However, now I'm having the same problem with my new graphics Card,

using the new Yosemite 10.10.1 installation.

Yes, I had found a fix. There was a new version of the Yosemite installation that Niresh had updated to, and that seemed to work beautifully (using the /amd1 Kernel). However, now I'm having the same problem with my new graphics Card,

using the new Yosemite 10.10.1 installation.

You still have an amd radeon hd 6570 card or have you changed it? Does it work with 10.10.1?

You still have an amd radeon hd 6570 card or have you changed it? Does it work with 10.10.1?

I now have an XFX 250. As far as I can tell, it won't work with 10.10.1 or 10.10 unless I can find a Kext for it.

I can get into the OS, but I have to first remove all graphics kexts, and do "GraphicsEnabler=No"

I have since given up, and used the hard drive I was using with Yosemite, and an old Desktop, to make myself a Server PC.

Good Luck!