Yosemite slow and sluggish R9 290(290X flashed)
1 1

Question

Okay so heres my hardware:

Maximus VI gene

16GB ram

2x290(290X flashed and unlocked)

2xIntel 530 120GB ssd´s 

So my problem is all of Yosemite is sluggish and slow and dosnt seem to load in the kexts. I did a fully normal installation and since 290 is flashed they should be recognised as 290X I didnt choose any extra options / untick anything and I have to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No else it wont start. Anyone have any idea what might help me out? Im running a 2560x1440p Screen on DVI-D if its worth mentioning.

Ty in advance for support <3

3 answers to this question

there should be somthing in the liabary called applegraphicspowermanagement i think.. make a backup before doing so.. and delete the kext, and repair premissions should be working file

there should be somthing in the liabary called applegraphicspowermanagement i think.. make a backup before doing so.. and delete the kext, and repair premissions should be working file

It didnt work :( are you using 290x?

I am having this exact same issue. I have tried OSX 10.9 with netkas drivers, 10.10.1-10.10.5 and 10.11. In all of the cases I get my 390x 8bg detected correctly and QE/CI is enabled. But if I run any 3D intensive applications such as GPU test I get very low frame rates. I get 25fps while running furmark x64. In windows or on my old 290x I was getting 150+ fps on the exact same OS and exact same test. I also get some strange output in console. Something about the UI was prevented from updating for x amount of seconds, or something along that line. Any help help would be greatly appreciated :)