Cannot install Yosemite, reboots automaticly.
4 4

Question

Hello,

I cannot install Yosemite since I use "-v" and it reboots automaticly at the "Read HFS+" series of commands.(the ones that go really fast at start)

Dell XPS 8700

NVIDIA GTX 745 4GB Dedicated VRAM

12 GB Memory (2x4 and 2x2 for 4 slots)

Intel Core i7 4790 "Haswell" 3.6GHz

1TB hard drive for Windows 8.1 and SSD for booting it up

External USB 3.0 hard disk of 120GB for Hackintosh

23 answers to this question

Well, installing Mavericks went fine with my IDE USB, I just had to boot the install with the "haswell" kernel and using "GraphicsEnabler=No". I tried them on Yosemite and it didn't work. The only other problem that I had in Mavericks was that I had to boot "-s" and delete the graphics kexts to enable VESA and then "-x" to boot first time to do it properly. Then it worked good until I did the 10.9.0 to 10.9.5 update.

Hello,

I cannot install Yosemite since I use "-v" and it reboots automaticly at the "Read HFS+" series of commands.(the ones that go really fast at start)

Dell XPS 8700

NVIDIA GTX 745 4GB Dedicated VRAM

12 GB Memory (2x4 and 2x2 for 4 slots)

Intel Core i7 4790 "Haswell" 3.6GHz

1TB hard drive for Windows 8.1 and SSD for booting it up

External USB 3.0 hard disk of 120GB for Hackintosh

I think the problem is, because you're using external HDD for installing Yosemite. Don't use external HDD for installing OS X

Problem is that my HDD is IDE so my computer doesn't have IDE port... That is why I got an enclosure to transform the IDE to USB. Could it be that USB 3.0 doesn't work on Yosemite Zone ?

yes you could. choose GUID Partition Table. don't use MBR Partition Table.

yes you could. choose GUID Partition Table. don't use MBR Partition Table.

I do not understand the "Yes you could". I did not ask if it could work or not, I asked if USB 3.0 could be the problem. Maybe you mispelled it. And when do I choose GUID from MBR ?

sorry my mistake.

yes, you can use external HDD but I'm not sure it could be work with IDE HDD. As long as I know OS X only use SATA HDD or with SATA to USB converter (External SATA HDD).

try read this link http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202796

1 person likes this

And I read the link and I do not see where it says that is is supported only SATA HDD.

Maybe try Apple partition scheme (PowerPC) since IDE's are from that time?

I will try that method in my IDE HDD using IDE to USB converter.

I hope it will work. :)

Yeah but for now, can you help me with the other problem I have that I put in my post right before you? I heard more people have it but I cannot find a forum. Please help me or at least find a forum about this. I will also keep trying.

Well back to square one sadly. It keeps rebooting even with all the kernels used. Sadly I don't remember the combination that helped me get passed the reboot. Expect a video soon about the reboot thing while it happens.

i failed to install yosemite on my External IDE HDD,  :crying:

it stuck in grey screen with hackintosh zone logo, i tried it 3 times, but it always stuck there

so i give up.

now i'm using dual boot (mavericks and yosemite) and it works smoothly  :rofl:

I made 3 partition, 1st partittion for Mavericks and 2nd one for Yosemite the last partition for backup data.

I use chameleon bootloader with Chamelon Wizard for both of them with same setting.

sorry i'm not good for answering kernel panic issue..

If I got that issue, then i reboot the pc. I always use to boot with usb-hdd (usb bootloader) before the OS X can boot normaly from HDD

I think the problem are:

- BIOS setting (UEFI or EFI BIOS) you must google them to set up for different BIOS configuration of yours

- Bootloader costume for your system, I always uncheck GraphicsEnabler=No (coz my graphics card is ATI)  then check Chameleon EFI not Chameleon Standard at Customize screen.

- I've got no clue for installing Yosemite on External IDE HDD. Sorry can't help...

According to your photo, I thinks you mus try to customize bootloader using Multibeast or Clover Configuration tool.

That's weird I think it has something todo with the processor because I have that same one and it keeps rebooting before I even get to -v at Read HFS+

Well at least could you help me with my kernel panic and debugger problem with this link : http://s27.postimg.org/qf67xmas3/1418089575220.jpg

Hi there. use "/haswell -v"

this will locate the 64bit haswell kernel and bootup the installation. But if the problem still araises, try "/haswell -v -x" without quotes. This will prevent from a kernel panic. hope this helps.

Cheers! ;)

Hi there. use "/haswell -v"

this will locate the 64bit haswell kernel and bootup the installation. But if the problem still araises, try "/haswell -v -x" without quotes. This will prevent from a kernel panic. hope this helps.

Cheers! ;)

Every time I tried to boot it, it was with /haswell. Also we need to write "haswell", not "/haswell"

1 person likes this

Hello, i get the same issue when trying to install it on my HP Elitebook 2760P, after picking yosemite zone, always reboot when trying to enter apple screen

Core i7 2620M
8 GB RAM
160 GB SSD

No CD/DVD Room

Any solution? Thanks.