Problems installing Yosemite on laptop
2 2

Question

Hey i got problems booting up the os x installer. i boot fine into the usb and tried different flags, but when i start os x i reboots nearly instantly.

I tried verbose -v and the last line is something abouts root device uuid.

Can somone please help, or is it my computer that can't run OS X. I can run a pre-configured vmWare machine i downloaded by SoulDev Team.

My specs: 

HP Pavilion 15-n219eo

AMD A10-5745M APU

AMD Radeon HD 8610G + HD 8670M Dual Graphics

12GB Ram

1TB HardDrive

5 answers to this question

I'm havingthe same problem. 

Installed it with cpus=1

Already tried(in every possible combination, with and without the default parameters -  dart=0 slide=0 kext-dev-mode=1): 

-haswell
PCIRootUID=1
PCIRootUID=1
npci=0x2000
npci0x3000
-f IntelAzulFB=11

I was trying to solve it in a easy way, but I think thats my best shot:

tonymacx86 . com/mavericks-laptop-support/114677-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

EDIT: Forgot to provide the hardware:

HP envy 15t j100

i7 4th generation 2.5 ghz

8gb ram ddr3

1 th HD

intel 4600 

It's a bit strange situation, the bios says it's a 15t, but the screen actually has 17". The windows only detects a intel 4600 graphic card, as it is supposed to be in the 15t j000 but the case comes with a geforce adhesive.

I'm havingthe same problem. 

Installed it with cpus=1

Already tried(in every possible combination, with and without the default parameters -  dart=0 slide=0 kext-dev-mode=1): 

-haswell
PCIRootUID=1
PCIRootUID=1
npci=0x2000
npci0x3000
-f IntelAzulFB=11

I was trying to solve it in a easy way, but I think thats my best shot:

tonymacx86 . com/mavericks-laptop-support/114677-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

EDIT: Forgot to provide the hardware:

HP envy 15t j100

i7 4th generation 2.5 ghz

8gb ram ddr3

1 th HD

intel 4600 

It's a bit strange situation, the bios says it's a 15t, but the screen actually has 17". The windows only detects a intel 4600 graphic card, as it is supposed to be in the 15t j000 but the case comes with a geforce adhesive.

You made an error, for kernel "-haswell", it is written improperly. It should be like this : "/Haswell" (Exacly like this but without the quotes)

You made an error, for kernel "-haswell", it is written improperly. It should be like this : "/Haswell" (Exacly like this but without the quotes)

Thanks for pointing that but still didn't solve.

The Power Manager from my last comment did it, i'm in the system now and it is configuring some stuff.

Now do I need to manually install clover on my hdd or the niresh distro does it by itself? Sorry for the noob question, it's my first hackintosh.

More one thing, I still can't boot without the cpus=1, do I need to copy the haswell kernel as stated here? http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/4900-yosemite-only-boots-in-safe-mode-after-installation/?p=19550

For you using clover, the pm option is avaiable through the boot loader options.

UPDATE:

Used the lapic patch and was able to boot without cpus=1.

UPDATE 2:

The intel 4600 is working but with no satisfactory performance, suggestions?

@Tuco Is the 4600 internal or do you use a video card? If internal, delete all other video card kexts except Intel and HD kexts

Internal. The Kexts are in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 for yosemite right? The only one I have is the FakeSMC. 

I'm trying this:

www.tonymacx86 com/yosemite-laptop-support/145427-fix-intel-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

But now I'm getting a kernel panic, still couldn't read after what.

I'm guessing I did something wrong in the clover config since it boots with the installation pen drive loader but not wth my hdd loader.

Also I couldn't fully apply the opngl patch because I still don't have Xcode.(see the end of the thread)