Yosemite audio on AMD
1 1

Hello everyone.

I have installed Yosemite on following hardware, Gigabyte GA 870A UD3 motherboard and AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (Thuban) using the Niresh distro of the new Mac OS X. the install was plain and straight forward.

I used an old Nvidia graphics card so the bootflags are kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes (for the old graphics card, No for the newer) and -f (use -v if any troubles)

Now after install I got everything working although not perfect, the Launchpad is a little glitchy but OK I can live with that.

The problem is the audio, at first I could use perfect audio using USB-headphones but not internal sound card. After playing around with various kexts I ended up with the usual stuttering audio (unusable). I have looked around on the internet and tried all sorts of supposed fixes but with no luck.

I think I booted up with not using the kext-dev-mode=1 when the USB-headphones worked.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Since I have installed update to 10.10.1 (be careful to preserve the kernel though in "System/Library/Kernels" directory. I had tried other kernels but with out any fixing of the audio.

Another issue is that screen recording with Quicktime results in distorted video, but using  Screenium works well.

Trackpad using USB bluetooth works, Network card works.

Best Regards

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet