/amd1 = crackling sound /amd64 = no crackling sound
3 3

Question

Hello,

on mavericks i got everything working but sound is crackling,i tried everything.(installed with amd64 kernel)

On yosemite(amd64 kernel) i got alot graphics glitches but sound is working perfectly fine.

The other day niresh said to install yosemite with /amd1 kernel which includes webkit patch fixing safair etc.

I did that,installed with /amd1 and now sound is crackling like in mavericks and video playback on youtube lags like hell and still graphic glitches.

So what excatly amd1 kernel includes that is blocking my sound?Webkit patch?If yes how can i delete it?

Then maybe i delete it also on mavericks and sound will be ok.

my sound card is Realtek® ALC892

using default installed by yosemite voodohda 2.8.6

5 answers to this question

I installed with the /amd1 kernel and it work perfectly, the sound, the graphics, ethernet, app store, all.

The crackling sound is always my first problem, but I just simply go to preferences, click on "voodooHDA" and in "mixed controls" look for "input gain" and just reduce to "zero".

That always solves my audio problem on mavericks and now on Yosemite, If you haven't tried that maybe it could help you.

Same problem with ALC887, with /amd64 works fine, but with /amd1 or fix appstore no :(

I installed with the /amd1 kernel and it work perfectly, the sound, the graphics, ethernet, app store, all.

The crackling sound is always my first problem, but I just simply go to preferences, click on "voodooHDA" and in "mixed controls" look for "input gain" and just reduce to "zero".

That always solves my audio problem on mavericks and now on Yosemite, If you haven't tried that maybe it could help you.

Yes i always do that,in yosemite it helps on mavericks dont ;/