FTDI USB serial port not working
1 1

Question

Hello hackers,

I'm trying to make FTDI USB serial port available for OS X Macerick 10.9 guest (Niresh build). This is to run Otherplan CAM software under the VirtualBox, but the same port is used by Arduino SDK, which I also tried and got the same symptoms. Host OS is Win7 Professional.

When I boot the VM and open up list of available USB devices I can see FTDI FT230X Basic UART [1000] in there. When hovering mouse over the line it shows that the state is Busy. If click on it, nothing happens. If I click again, I get error message saying that "USB Device 'FTDI FT230X Basic UART [1000]' with UUID {...} is busy with a previous request. Please try again later". The device itself is then shown in the VB as Captured (but no tick against the line is shown), but I can't see it under the VM. Also the following is shown in the Details section:

Result Code:

E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)

Component:

HostUSBDevice

Interface:

IHostUSBDevice {173b4b44-d268-4334-a00d-b6521c9a740a}

Callee:

IConsole {8ab7c520-2442-4b66-8d74-4ff1e195d2b6}

Neither Otherplan software nor Arduino SDK can see the port. The latter has 'Serial Port' menu item disabled, as if there were no ports available.

I have VirtualBox extension installed to enable USB 2.0 controller, and I can get USB stick working in the guest system, so it's doesn't seem to be general USB problem with the VirtualBox. I have FTDI drivers for Mac OS X installed in the VM as well.

Finally, I have tried various things suggested elsewhere, such as reduing allocated cores to 1 and creating an USB device filter in the VM settings. Neither seems to have made any difference.

Does anyone know what may be the issue? Also, as I am not that familiar with OS X, is there any detailed log files I can check (enable?) for any meaningful errors?

Any help would be much appreciated

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet