Can I make my machine a Hackintosh?
2 2

Question

Hi All,

I tried to figure out this by my own but I couldn't due to my low level of experience when it comes to apple products or Hackintosh! As my job requires me to develop iOS applications I though about giving Hackintosh a try.

Currently I'm using a windows 8.1 workstation with below specs:

CPU: Intel 4770k

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87

Ram: 32GB

GPU: GTX 780

Main Storage: 256GB SSD

Secondary Storage: 2x 2TB Harddrisk

What I need is to be able to keep my current setup intact, but be able to dual boot either into Windows or OSX.

I would really appreciate a step-by-step guidance as previously mentioned, I'm new to these things.

Thanks in advanced.

4 answers to this question

The hardware specs you gave are compatible, but do you have a blank HDD? You won't be able to dual-boot unless you have an empty partition or empty HDD/SDD because Windows 8 BSOD's if you re-size the system partition.

Other than that, you are good to go, Good Luck! ;)

I recommend starting out with this distro, it is easy to use, comes with it's own step by step instructions, and completely supports your hardware.

The hardware specs you gave are compatible, but do you have a blank HDD? You won't be able to dual-boot unless you have an empty partition or empty HDD/SDD because Windows 8 BSOD's if you re-size the system partition.

Other than that, you are good to go, Good Luck! ;)

I recommend starting out with this distro, it is easy to use, comes with it's own step by step instructions, and completely supports your hardware.

@

I have already installed the OS, everything is running smoothly. the only thing missing here is that I'm only accessing the MacOS with the Clover USB, Can I make it permanent? 

I'm facing allot of issues since writing the last post.

Now I only have 1 monitor is working, the other isn't recognised.

Sound isn't working suddenly.

all were working smoothly before, but I don't know the issue  now.

I don't know the answer to the other problems, but have you checked your Voodoo sound settings? maybe you accidentally turned sound off.