instant reboot after yosimite 10.10.1 update
2 2

Question

Hey, 

After installing Yosemite zone, haswell kernel, and correct kexts and patches to get everything working, i installed the 10.10.1 update from the app store, restarted, and i get an instant reboot.

i tried various boot options combinations such as -x, -v, -s, -F, UseKernelCache=No, kext-dev-mode=1, but i still can't get to boot with any mode. single user mode/safe boot mode gets me stuck in a white screen, nothing else.

Any other things to do?

3 answers to this question

Obviously you cant boot because you updated from the app store, remember that the distro for AMD and Haswell has kernels that allows this proccessors work, so, when you install the official update you lost that kernels because that update obvioulsy hasnt kernels to amd and others. Maybe only the people who have intel processors like i5 or o7 can update from the app store for the compatibility, but MAD and others DONT.

The distro has been updated to the 10.10.1 with support for amd and haswell, so, I recommend you to download it and intstall again. 

Obviously you cant boot because you updated from the app store, remember that the distro for AMD and Haswell has kernels that allows this proccessors work, so, when you install the official update you lost that kernels because that update obvioulsy hasnt kernels to amd and others. Maybe only the people who have intel processors like i5 or o7 can update from the app store for the compatibility, but MAD and others DONT.

The distro has been updated to the 10.10.1 with support for amd and haswell, so, I recommend you to download it and intstall again. 

Yea, i thought it might be a kernel problem, so i reinstalled the haswell kernel, and i could boot again, but i lost graphics kext and patch. i guess it should've been using clover, so on the fly patching would prevent this, and we can update normally with the app store.

Yeah, sometimes reinstalling only the kernel gives errors. Try reinstalling the complete distro of 10.10.1.

But check the kernels because they may have changed.